Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2004, 10:15 PM

Default Is this software for real??

No, I'm not considering using it, rather I'm wondering if this is something I should be worried about. Some guy was spamming the chat at Party with this link [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], now I figure it's BS but I wanted to make sure it's not something I need to be concerned with, since I mainly play online...

http://www.cheatonpoker.com/

I was specifically worried that they seem to say that it will allow you to see your opponent's hole cards.
Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Is this software for real??

I think it's bullshit.

Are you going to trust someone who is trying to sell something so scummy. What will likely happen is that someone who sends their money in will receive nothing.

I think the only way to see another person's cards is if you work for the site in question and have access to their machines.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:10 AM

This was the first day I saw it being spammed on party too.
If it were legit they wouldnt sell it for 30 bucks, but instead would make money using it.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was specifically worried that they seem to say that it will allow you to see your opponent's hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I read this when I first saw this post, but now when I go to the site, it no longer says you can *see* the hole cards of your opponents. It simply says that you can "track the hands of your opponents". That simply sounds like PokerTracker.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:47 AM

The site also has a quote from a witer at a ficticious poker magazine, and uses the cover of Gary Carson's book photoshoped for his own personal marketing. VERY shady, not only is this a scam, the Villain is practicing copywrite infringement.

TT