Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM

Default Passive w/ KQ

Villian (UTG+1) is a bad, loose player but I haven't seen him raise trash. UTG is a LAG who pussies out after the flop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (6 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

If I had an ace, I'd go to war. As it is, I don't think KQ is enough of a bluff-catcher, and once the turn comes I don't like my pot odds (small pot, tainted spades, only 1 card to come). Weak?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Passive w/ KQ

Looks fine.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:41 PM

Nothing you should be doing here.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:53 PM

If you had position, I'd like the semi-bluff bet on the flop both for cleaning out your top-pair draw and especially for buying a card. However, acting first, I think you played it right.

The river's certainly fine, too. There are too many LAGs that'll call you with a pair or ace-high. If you're not going to get better hands to fold, there's no reason to bet. The only hand that might call you that you're beating is a WORSE king, and this seems a little obscure.

What'd the limp-reraiser have? I'm always confused by morons that do that. Did they change their mind, or are the master strategists, or what?
-Sam
Old 12-24-2004, 03:02 PM

Is it right to be raising KQ from SB? I was under the impression u complete for the obvious position issues seen here.

As for the limp reraiser, from my play i would say the two most common hands i see do this are large suited conectors such as JTs or QJs, they feel with alot of people in they can make a big killing? Or some morrons do it wih KK or AA, they get a note for sure... I's like to hear more opinions on the limp/reraise maneuver.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:11 PM

River was a Q. I bet, UTG+1 called, MHIG. He had ATo.
Old 12-24-2004, 03:39 PM

I've been struggling with overcards like KQ from early position lately, just as shown in this post. Its a hard hand to play from the early position when you don't connect, psychologicaly we tend to feel attached to the pot when we raise pre-flop but you have to check when you don't have position. Well played.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]