Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2004, 02:13 PM

Default Re: What is playerview

Yes. It will display stats on an observed table as long as you've imported those stats into PT.

Also, if you open a new table and tell PV to "force update" it will immediately display stats for any player you've previously booked.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:58 PM

"you can download premade layouts. I use the one by Aces McCoy and think its awesome"

I have downloaded. But can't figure out how to plug it in. I understand that I have to overlay his seat and table images with that of Party in the Party's folder.

What I can't figure out is where the actual .PVL file is? I see he has layed out the numbers on top and bottom of a players name box. This is what I want but can't figure out where the actual file layout for playerview is. I don't see any .PVL files in the download. What am I missing???
Old 12-22-2004, 05:54 PM

I'm not looking at it right now, so I'm going from memory. What you want to do is copy and paste all the image files into your Party Poker directory, there's probably a folder called "images" or some such. Then you need to import the settings; at www.playerview.net, click the image of the layout and a whole bunch of text will appear, select all of this text and paste it into a text editor. I don't know if you save it as a .txt or .pvl file, you may try both.

Next, go to the playerview layout manager and select File>import settings. A dialog box will open allowing you to select the text file you just saved, the dialog probably only displays importable files so if you saved it as both .txt and .pvl just select whichever one is available. Click import and you should be all set.

Additionally, I've also added table averages to the bottom center of the table. Once you've imported Ace_McCoys settings, just find whichever additional stats you want to display and select the "show" box. You can then position the additional stats wherever you want.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:58 PM

Thanks. I think I understand where I went off now that you explained it.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the PlayerView Website you can download premade layouts. I use the one by Aces McCoy...

[/ QUOTE ]Hi cb, that is a very cool layout for the reasons you cite. Getting rid of the chairs is even better than just getting rid of the player pics. Less visual clutter will make reading the stats (and cards) easier. I'm going to check it out.

BTW, PlayerView doesn't have table stats by default? How can they be added?

Thanks, TomBk