Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 12:18 PM

Default ATo on the button

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero ???

I assume SB is on a high pocket pair or at least overcards. I might have raised if it was one bet to me, but facing a cold call, I blanked a bit. Is folding too weak? Is calling unprofitable? Is there any reason to 3-bet it back?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: ATo on the button

I'm thinking folding but you have TPTK in a big pot with good position.

I still think fold but I feel this one is close. I may be wrong though.

StuR
Old 12-23-2004, 12:59 PM

I'm thinking 5 outs (3 aces, 2 tens) at this point, assuming no flushes, straights against you (which are highly possible given the board). So you need about 8.2:1 pot odds. Before your call, you have 13 bets, but you have to contribute 2 bets, so your pot odds aren't there, even if SB AND MP2 call. However, if they both call, it would be close.

I probably would call and then fold the turn unimproved. I really don't like the 9T suited board.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:16 PM

I would 3-bet this one. You may have SB reverse dominated here, and I'm pretty sure you have MP3 beat (it's far more likely that he is pumping draw or trying to protect top pair than it is for him to have an overpair, two pair, or a set).

You do have a pretty vulnerable hand, but you've also got position. This tilts the scales towards playing on. Notice that position lets you fold on the turn for 0 more BB if the flop is capped and they both fire again on the turn.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:39 PM

I think raise or fold. IMO calling is bad, because your going to be bet into on the turn and you have no idea where you are. You could be behind to a set overpair and many other hands, but if you raise you'll most likely be checked to on the turn or reraised at which point you can fold the turn unless you improve.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:35 PM

Anyone else think I should 3-bet?
Old 12-23-2004, 11:42 PM

Call. If SB makes it 3-bets, call that and then fold the turn UI. If the SB just calls the raise, then raise the turn.

Brad

Edit: If SB makes it 3-bets, you might have to look at a river depending on the turn card and the turn action.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. If SB makes it 3-bets, call that and then fold the turn UI. If the SB just calls the raise, then raise the turn.

Brad

Edit: If SB makes it 3-bets, you might have to look at a river depending on the turn card and the turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it not be better to 3-bet and make SB and MP2 call 2 cold and make a play for a free card on the turn?
Old 12-24-2004, 01:15 AM

Play for a free card??????

If you 3-bet the flop, you had best be betting the turn. I just like calling the flop because it gives me more info about SB hand. If you 3-bet and SB folds... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. If he caps or calls, watch out.

Brad
Old 12-24-2004, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Play for a free card??????

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I am emphasizing putting SB to call two cold. It seems that could find out the same information (if he called or capped my flop 3-bet) plus facing two bets might convince him to fold. The free card might be a bonus, but not really something I would be looking for given the action thus far. I don't really have a good line for this, so I'm just talking it out in my head.