Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 11:39 PM

Default K7s in the SB

BB 21 VP$IP / 9 PFR
UTG 47/0

I felt completely lost for the entire hand! Quite honestly I don't know why i checkraised the flop...it felt kinda right. I bet the turn to see where I'm at intending to fold to a raise. The river...seemed likely that I had the best hand and thought a checkraise was in order.

Really confused.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (10.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $1 (All-In).

Final Pot: 14.75 BB
Old 12-23-2004, 11:49 PM

Default Re: K7s in the SB

Why get fancy with the river check-raise? Majority of the time this gets checked-through. Just bet the river.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:52 PM

So bet the river, and of course I would call a raise. Right?

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my "novice" questions. I truly appreciate it.

Zephyr
Old 12-23-2004, 11:54 PM

1. Wow, UTG is a massive calling station.

2. WTF is the river checkraise?!

3. And having top pair with K-crap against a 9% PFR is not the best place to be. At the very least you should lead out and hope he knocks out the field so you can protect your hand. This is not the time to be building the pot.

4. You sure do have some brass balls, though. Temper that with wisdom and you should do well at this game.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:14 AM

I agree with you on the river. Very bad play (checkraise) as it gets checked through way too much.

If I lead the flop whats my action if I'm raised? If I'm called?

[ QUOTE ]
4. You sure do have some brass balls, though. Temper that with wisdom and you should do well at this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been 8 tabling sngs for the past 3 months. Although the swings are lighter than in limit play, you develop some brass balls when you routinely push all your chips in with Q2o.