Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Right Fold in Step 2?

i almost certainly go all in here hoping to get called by a weaker hand unless the stack sizes are such that you can fold into the money and even then i would think about it and still probably go all in. even if he has KK you are still about 30% to win the hand.

Pat
Old 12-23-2004, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, if you 'see AJs and push' when it is folded to you regardless of what the other stacks are at, you are making a big mistake in the context of a Step tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am assuming that with 1200 chips 6xBB, you are not in the top 4. You start out with 1000 chips, so 1200 isn't enough to advance. If you are in 3rd place with 5 players left, then yeh you might want to try to fold into Step 3. However, as a short stack, it doesn't matter. If I see AJs, I am going to push.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:27 PM

This should be pushed. Late SS in these SNGS you will have to double up sometime, if the villian is unusually aggressive you don't have a choice here. How someone can pass up this opportunity is beyone me unless they have a specific reason.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:22 PM

just to flesh out the situation, all the other stacks were very similar to mine.
another part of my thinking with the fold is with 1200 chips i still have a fair amount of stealing abillity, and would be better off trying to use that to keep me afloat into 4th place than taking a coinflip on the bubble.