Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2002, 02:04 PM

Default Are there any No Limit HE or Pot Limit HE/OM games in Vegas?

I'm looking for games with blinds $10/$25 and below. Any help finding one would be greatly appreciated.

Though I won't be playing in it, I am also curious if that big PLO game ($400/$800 blind I think it was) is still being spread at the Bellagio.
Old 09-06-2002, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Are there any No Limit HE or Pot Limit HE/OM games in Vegas?

just got back from vegas and you will find a 25,25 pot limit game at binions for the duration of hall of fame,maybe a 5,10 also,but the 25,25 game runs all day(a 50 live straddle seemed popular too.)
Old 09-06-2002, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the info hbk,

Is the 25/25 game straight Holdem? are they spreading any PL omaha? When I was there the 2 weeks before the WSOP they were spreading a half and half omaha/holdem pot limit game that was pretty juicy but the blinds were only $5/$5. The game never went during the series (that I saw) because all the pot limit games then were either straight omaha or straight holdem.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:45 PM

yes,there is a 5/10 pl omaha aswell,but no round of each,the omaha certainly looked the easier line up of the 2 games.The hold em game had some of the usual big name players sitting 15k upwards,the omaha was the same sort of game as wsop time.
Old 09-06-2002, 07:57 PM

I just looked up the Hall of Fame dates and I will be there the 15th which is one day after it ends [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .

Oh well, maybe they will still be playing then.

I found the Omaha games to be much much softer during the series than the Holdem games. I was actually surprised at how poor the side action was at the series. It seemed like there was only 1 or 2 pot limit games max that were any good at any one time (usually the only holdem game that was good was downstairs in the smoke and heat). Years past they all used to be good pretty much.

Regarding "name" players, in my experience, the bigger the "name" a person has, the bigger a fish (superaggressive fish anyways hehe) they are until they prove otherwise in a cash game.

Did you make it to Bellagio or Mirage on your trip? Was there any big bet action out there?