Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 05:21 PM

Default QQ with a pre-flop cap and a bonus fun hand.

I've been struggling mightily with QQ, and thought I'd toss up a hand to see if I'm playing it decently. I've added my commentary, so please let me know if and when I think something stupid. Typical party table, I've been here about an orbit and it's nothing unusual.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Pre-Flop thoughts: The first raise was automatic, and I think the cap is too.

Flop: (18 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Flop thoughts: Man, I wish I had the Qd... maybe everyone else is as afraid of this flop as I am, let me see what people were cold-calling the raises with.

Turn: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn thoughts: Well, pairing the T just gave me two more outs (don't need to be afraid of a lone K if I hit the Q), and it's heads up. Might as well bet.

River: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River Thoughts: SB isn't going anywhere for one bet, and I don't want to get check-raised. I'll take the free showdown.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Final Thoughts: At first I thought SB would 3-bet with a big A (AK, AQ), so I was surprised he check-called the flop. I was even more surprised at the check-call on the turn, when it would be ideal for one of those hands to check-raise... hence the free showdown.

---------------

Crazy hand that happened as I was typing this:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (1 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB folds.

Final Pot: 1 BB
Old 12-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Default Re: QQ with a pre-flop cap and a bonus fun hand.

I can't think of a single 3-betting hand you're ahead of on this flop (AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQs/TT?/KQs??), I have a feeling SB has KK without the Kd.

I think I check/fold at every opportunity here against a straightforward player.

-d
Old 12-21-2004, 06:07 PM

Hand 1, I prefer checking the flop because there's really no way to protect your holding on this draw-savvy flop. Wait for a safe turn card to start pumping.

Hand 2, Fold the turn, SB is clearly slowplaying flopped quads.
Old 12-21-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1, I prefer checking the flop because there's really no way to protect your holding on this draw-savvy flop. Wait for a safe turn card to start pumping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has exactly 3 safe cards, the non-diamond Kings, and could be drawing to a runner FH. What do you put SB on after he 3-bets pre-flop?

-d