Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 03:24 AM

Default Re: KK against large field

[ QUOTE ]
I might like a flop 3bet, and if SB checks the turn, bet it, and take the free showdown.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

My thought is if he has me beat and was trying for a check raise on the turn I just gave it to him. I'll take the free card on a chance of improving and pay for the showdown. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:28 AM

I really think this is some of the worst advice I've received here. I mean seriously, what the hell is someone going to check raise with in this situation? People at these limits check raise with top pair or better (usually better). If this was a 2+2 table it'd be a little bit different, but we're talking about random party fish here. Tried your advice on another hand and it lost me even more money.

Say I 3bet, and then keep betting if he doesn't cap, what does that accomplish? When I come across someone stupid enough to make the play with a queen I might win some money. I fail to see the logic in the play. I don't want to come across as rude, but I just don't get it.

In addition, if said villain was a thinking player, he wouldn't raise a bet from a player to his right cutting out the entire field, he would've hoped for an ep/mp bet.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really think this is some of the worst advice I've received here. I mean seriously, what the hell is someone going to check raise with in this situation? People at these limits check raise with top pair or better (usually better). If this was a 2+2 table it'd be a little bit different, but we're talking about random party fish here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, if our advice is that horrible to you, then please don't ask for it in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
Tried your advice on another hand and it lost me even more money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feel free to post that hand so we can see what you are referring to. Also keep in mind you won't win them all.

[ QUOTE ]
Say I 3bet, and then keep betting if he doesn't cap, what does that accomplish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally said to slow down after the 3-bet and take the free card, I do not believe it wise to continue betting on the turn. If you didn't improve on the river and wanted to fold to a bet, so be it, but at least you got to see both the turn and river for only 1 small bet more. I personally would pay a bet on the river as well to show down my KK, but to each his own.

[ QUOTE ]
When I come across someone stupid enough to make the play with a queen I might win some money. I fail to see the logic in the play. I don't want to come across as rude, but I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately you did come across rude to me, although I won't take it personally. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We are just trying to help. Take the advice you feel is sound and ignore the advice you don't. Continue to ask questions about "why" we say to do things one way or the other and learn from them. Best you can do.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:00 AM

You're right, thanks for the advice.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have 3-bet the flop and if capped, called and folded unimproved on turn. If not capped, I would check through the turn and take the free card. Then if a single bet back to me on river, I would call it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I like this line.