Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2004, 05:22 PM

Default KQo in the blinds again

I never saw the PFR's hand, so this isn't results oriented dislike...but still, I hate the way I played it. I don't mind the bet out, but I don't like the fold all that much.

C/r the flop would be a fine play, but I usually use that one when the board could easily have gutshots and stuff.

I can't find the hand history (must not have gotten imported or something...huh) but I remember the hand well enough.

A few players limp and an unknown raises in mp. Maybe a cold-call or 2 and I call in the bb with KQo.

flop: k72r
I bet, utgish guy calls, pfr calls all else fold.

turn 4

I bet, utgish guy calls, pfr raises, I fold.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:26 PM

Default Re: KQo in the blinds again

I'd generally muck this pre-flop. IMO most players won't raise in MP after early position limpers without a big hand that could very likely dominate KQ.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:46 PM

Default fold pre-flop? don\'t be ridiculous!

Folding KQo for one bet on PP from the BB is giving up way too much. Very Angelo-like, no place for it online.

Even with the texture of this flop, I like the the flop check-raise. Enough SBs in the pot to make it worth trying to shorten the field and take it down.

After you check-raise flop and he raises the turn bet, you can probably safely muck.

TSP
Old 12-20-2004, 08:26 PM

I agree that the hand feels wrong, but there isnt anything bad about the play.
Preflop depends on number of players in, but it looks like I would have come along.

I would have checkraised the flop just due to your position to the bettor vs the 2 limpers.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:36 PM

I don't like the fold. This could be a free showdown move with hands like QQ, JJ, TT in which case he hopes you fold a better hand but doesnt mind if you call the turn and check the river. This also could be a stone cold bluff with AQ or AJ, this is less likely. More likely he has AA or AK, if you know he has AA your getting the right price to try and outdraw him, if he has AK you need to win 15 BB's to go for the outdraw, looks like you have roughly 10 in there right now gaining another 2 in implied odds. Least likely he may have a set in which case your dead fred. In my oppinion you should call the turn raise and possibly fold to a river bet unimproved depending on opponents tendancies. I would rarely fold on the river if I had called the turn raise though.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:52 AM

i hate this fold at the party 15. lately especially if seems everyone and their mother has taken to raising the turn for no good reason. especially with no one showing real strength in the hand.

had you c/r'd the flop i'd hate the turn fold quite a bit less and actually, it becomes very close.

given that you didn't do anyhting of the sort, pay it off most of the time.