Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Rap Collaborations

[ QUOTE ]
Snoop fell off when the DOC stopped writing his lyrics when he left Death Row. Wait, he sucked then too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've gone too far. Snoop was good until No Limit, and "Tha Last Meal" was pretty good too.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Snoop fell off when the DOC stopped writing his lyrics when he left Death Row. Wait, he sucked then too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you've gone too far. Snoop was good until No Limit, and "Tha Last Meal" was pretty good too.

[/ QUOTE ]um, yeah, plus his last album was pretty good, as well as his new one.

Snoop makes hits, but is no longer the MC he once was. I would love to see a Snoop Cd done exclusively by Dre again.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:46 PM

His last album sucked, and I don't like what I've heard from R&G so far. He's just too much like Nelly now, all he raps about is bitches, clothes, and cars. Oh, and weed.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:59 PM

Tron, I really do not think you friend is close to accurate, but it did get me thinking of ANY time that might have happened. The closest thing that I can think of is way back in the day, Busta Rhymes was in a group (before Busta was famous at all) called Leaders of the New School. His voice was heard by A tribe called Quest and Busta was a guest on Low End Theroy with a CLASSIC song "Scenario" after that Busta was featured a ton. By him guest rapping so freuquently it caused him to delay the realease of his fisrt solo album because it was not going to be a big seller. When it did release, it bombed and was re-released a few months later to better success.

Also, Nate Dogg has collaborated on so many people songs that his album did not do very well. (I think it was great, he does have the best hooks in the industry)
Old 12-19-2004, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Snoop makes hits, but is no longer the MC he once was. I would love to see a Snoop Cd done exclusively by Dre again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah, him and Dre, no guest rappers and a fat sack in the studio. Snoop was at his best blazed up.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah, him and Dre, no guest rappers and a fat sack in the studio. Snoop was at his best blazed up.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah he needs to smoke more.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His last album sucked, and I don't like what I've heard from R&G so far. He's just too much like Nelly now, all he raps about is bitches, clothes, and cars. Oh, and weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is all he ever did, and IT WAS GREAT.

See, Snoop made it work, Nelly does not. Or Chingy.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tron, I really do not think you friend is close to accurate, but it did get me thinking of ANY time that might have happened. The closest thing that I can think of is way back in the day, Busta Rhymes was in a group (before Busta was famous at all) called Leaders of the New School. His voice was heard by A tribe called Quest and Busta was a guest on Low End Theroy with a CLASSIC song "Scenario" after that Busta was featured a ton. By him guest rapping so freuquently it caused him to delay the realease of his fisrt solo album because it was not going to be a big seller. When it did release, it bombed and was re-released a few months later to better success.

Also, Nate Dogg has collaborated on so many people songs that his album did not do very well. (I think it was great, he does have the best hooks in the industry)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, here's the thing. Being featured on people's albums is publicity, which will only help you sell records. If Nate Dogg's album didn't sell, it's probably because no one had ever heard a Nate Dogg song. LONS was by no means unknown. When you have a record contract, the label doesn't say "oh, you have been rapping with your friends? That's cool, keep the advance. We'll make the album another time."
If not for his guest appearance on "when bad meets evil" on "the slim shady lp," many people wouldn't have even heard of royce da 5'9". Collabos only hurt you if you suck or the other guy sucks.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:12 AM

this looks like a pretty good assesment.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks like a pretty good assesment.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...yes. And, what...by the way, are the...um. Let me rephrase that: How many...er...where, and...when... did, uh...400 POSTS!!!!!!!!