Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 08:43 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: To AgentJack

[ QUOTE ]
Here is my page

http://www.barncow.com/buildpokertable/

Building Poker tables are a pain though so if you don't mind spending extra to have someone build you one, that would be the best way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I sent out an email to my list of contacts for my home game. One of the newer guys got back to me and is willing to trade labor (i.e. I build him a computer system and he builds me a poker table. We both pay for our own materials/components and don't charge the other labor) woo-hoo!
Old 12-19-2004, 12:39 PM

Default Re: To AgentJack

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I sent out an email to my list of contacts for my home game. One of the newer guys got back to me and is willing to trade labor (i.e. I build him a computer system and he builds me a poker table. We both pay for our own materials/components and don't charge the other labor) woo-hoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've built both - you're getting a bargain! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 01:36 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: To Slow Play Ray

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've built both - you're getting a bargain! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does look like a significant amount of work to create a poker table, with all the measurements, etc. While I can build a complete computer within a few hours (also includes obtaining the latest software updates and patches) I also will be applying my knowledge of systems and components to ensure he has a powerful and stable system.

So while he'll likely put in more labor hours, he also has industry-standard materials and less choices to make, while there are a boatload of computer components out there and I need to make sure they're all researched for any possible problems before I build the system.

I think it evens out pretty nicely. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It does look like a significant amount of work to create a poker table, with all the measurements, etc. While I can build a complete computer within a few hours (also includes obtaining the latest software updates and patches) I also will be applying my knowledge of systems and components to ensure he has a powerful and stable system.

So while he'll likely put in more labor hours, he also has industry-standard materials and less choices to make, while there are a boatload of computer components out there and I need to make sure they're all researched for any possible problems before I build the system.

I think it evens out pretty nicely. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand all of this, yet I stand firmly by my statement. But hey - I'm not saying it's bad at all; I think it's awesome for you - nice work!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Hope the table comes out good - be sure to post some pictures when it's done.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:35 PM

I also agree that building a poker table is A LOT more work. Normally someone who is not computer savy would do such a trade so I hope you help him out down the road when his computer gets infected with all kinds of spyware and stuff.

I think it is great if you can find someone willing to do a trade.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree that building a poker table is A LOT more work. Normally someone who is not computer savy would do such a trade so I hope you help him out down the road when his computer gets infected with all kinds of spyware and stuff.

I think it is great if you can find someone willing to do a trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I provide technical support for the systems. But I try to select components from proven reliable manufacturers. Plus, I install AVG Anti-Virus, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm Firewall, etc. and make sure EVERYTHING has the latest updates (plus provide info on how to keep them updated and run scans)
Old 12-20-2004, 10:12 AM

I've built both myself. As long as both agree it is a fair trade. I quit building systems for others though. Mainly because they all assume it comes with free 24/7 tech support. Another reason, its hard to actually build a system cheaper than Dell offers. Most people that approach me now, I suggest Dell's to them unless they want something like a gaming system.

peace.
unloaded