Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Funny B&M moments

Until recently (turned 21), I've been playing online exclusively. I didn't know what I was in for when i started to frequent the card rooms near me, pure madness. Granted, the skill level increases along with the limits, but I never witnessed anything like this online. Maybe I just never played low enough (micro limits?).

Anyway I thought I'd create a thread where we could share moments that could only come from a B&M. It doesn't necesarily have to be related to a particular hand.

Here's mine. I was playing in the 1/1/2 NL , 4 to go, while waiting to play the 5/5 NL, 10 to go. I was just playing ABC poker, playing good hands super agressively, when this hand came up.

UTG limps, I make it 20 to go with AK(o). Woman to my left calls, super LAG calls in SB, Limper calls. The flop came rags and the SB immediately goes all in. I'm the only one who folded. The woman to my left shows AA, and after the turn and river, they are good. Now here's the funny part. The SB starts shaking his head left to right, then throws down Q3 (no pair no draw) face up with a total look of disgust in his face . I look over to my friend across the table, and we both have a confused look on our faces. The SB then storms off. It was almost as if he expected a jackpot because his Q3 got cracked by AA.

Any other interesting B&M stories out there?
Old 12-16-2004, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Funny B&M moments

Nope, sounds like he tried to bluff people out with a massive all in into a pot of $80. Some people dont realize that this isn't the "game on tv" and that going all in with rags after a raise and 3 people (including himself) call the raise, is not quite a smart thing.

I'd have to figure you had something decent with an early position raise, not to mention the 2 that called the raise after you might have something decent as well, otherwise they wouldn't have called (probably wouldn't have)
Old 12-16-2004, 04:29 PM

One of my first ever 10/20 sessions. 10 handed

I have 98s in small blind. A guy raises UTG, the whole table calls...
Old 12-16-2004, 05:32 PM

Live Play. 11 handed. Capped preflop nine ways.
Flop comes TTT , checked around, turn deuce, checked around , river deuce, check around, final pot split 9 ways.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:35 PM

I told the story badly. The woman with AA was the first to open up. The guy with Q3 showed his hand while she was dragging the pot.

Here's another one. I was playing the 5/5 and this guy (call him Phil) with the biggest stack I've seen live (first time I'd seen $100 chips) is trying to put the guy on his left (call him Jerry) on tilt. Well, Phil just sucked out Jerry on the river for all his money and Phil really wanted to rub it in.

Phil: "Winning the pot, six hundred dollars. Busting you, priceless".

After that Jerry left the table rambling about how he makes thousands of dollars an hour, or something like that. Any way, he comes back about 30 mins later and proceeds to donate to the table.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:36 PM

I'm playing some early morning 15-30. pretty quiet table. some guy named tommy, who everyone seems to know is sitting in the 5 seat munching on potato skins behind his huge stack. A hand comes up with a guy betting all the way and a guy calling all the way. better says "I missed". caller shows A high and takes it. out of nowhere, but from the vicinity of the potato skins, comes a little wind up police car.