Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: a couple more guesses at Astroglide . .

I agree that the preflop limp is horrible. The check call on the flop is questionable since the ace wont be an out a decent amount of time in this situation. I do think the turn and river are fine, even know it's very player dependant, and I would fold agaist more passive players. I think we are probably on the same page here.
Old 09-07-2004, 06:42 PM

being rich doesn't make one good, but sure beats being poor.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Best Party 15/30 players

[ QUOTE ]
Caution : he must be the same than paradise's lakerman.
I think Lakerman has some serious tightness problems on the flop (ie he has to be too tight) : he plays the flop 19% of the time and then the turn 70% of the time.
For information, I have 20/77 numbers, and other good players are far more in my ballpark on the second one. The difference between 77 and 70 is actually huge. Seriously, u have to steal a lot from him on the flop. Or maybe he is good enough to adapt his play to yours, but he still seems "nit" to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you find these numbers in Pokertracker? My preflop numbers seem to match those of the better players, but my win rate is nowhere near where it should be. Would love to know where I might fit in on these stats.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:45 AM

As much as I respect Astro's knowledge of the game and insight here - here's a reply to this kiss ass thread that won't die.

Astro's Party name - WGAF?

El Diablo? - he's just jealous he didn't make the initial cut. Although I'd only bet against him with someone else's chips.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:56 PM

My top 4:

WHATCOUNTRY
Stoxtrader
Supergumby
Morningcalm

people like OSCARGPM, MGXOO play a little conservative in my book and ive seen oscar make some bad plays.

I know I hate sitting at a table with the above 4, and im glad they have been playing less
Old 12-14-2004, 08:06 PM

Default supergumby and midnightsun7 . . . .

A few years ago at the Stone, before both went big time, I used to play with supergumby and midnightsun7 in the regular red chip game. That was one tough table . . .

TSP
Old 12-14-2004, 08:42 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: supergumby and midnightsun7 . . . .

big time = ?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:39 AM

I'm playing a bit less because december is a busy month at work. It's also because I play under a couple of other aliases more often now, besides stoxtrader2.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cmon guys, check out my best guess after tons of research:

MasterTq (after 1000 hands in database):

-VP$IP: 24%
-PFR: 9.7%
-Went to SD: 36%
-Won at showdown: 63%

I'm probably wrong, but these numbers most likely match the real Astro's stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to ID the guy, but I thought Astro's stats were over 40% for showdown from flop and under 50% for winning at showdown. I know they were for the 3-6 database, and I thought it'd been indicated that they were comparable for 15-30. Or maybe it was only in 3-6. Anyway, I was just surprized that he could be successful (which I believe) with those numbers, since various sources of conventional wisdom claim that your win at SD "has" to be between 55%-60%. And so it got me thinking more about how to play the Party game.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
various sources of conventional wisdom claim that your win at SD "has" to be between 55%-60%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? What sources? Your not making nearly enough crying calls with it that high. Are you thinking of needing to expect to win 55-60% at showdown when you bet the river?

B.