Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Party 2/4, AQo with heavy resistance

Kind of a weird hand to start with. There are two extra blind posters (UTG+2 and MP3). The small blind is a fish calling station. The BB seems slightly loose preflop and aggressive postflop.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: PantherZ is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $2. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">PantherZ raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">PantherZ bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>

All of a sudden, AQo isn't looking so invincible here. To be checkraised heads-up is one thing, but how about this situation where a player checkraises two opponents?

What's the best line here? 3-bet (and what if he 4-bets?) or just call down.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4, AQo with heavy resistance

That c/r could be anything, especially coming from an unkown player who posted in UTG+2 (why not wait two more deals for the BB?). Flush draw, flush draw + paired 6, OESD, bottom two pair, some other two pair, a set...

Without a read, I would call the flop raise and then raise him on the turn, especially if it's a non-diamond. Even if it is a diamond, I'd still raise with your redraw to 2nd nut flush.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:34 AM

I agree, this c/r could mean anything. But you have top pair w/ damn good kicker. call here. You should win more times here than you lose.

Like you said. if he had been at the table for a while you could have had a read on him. since you don't, remember that you have a fairly strong hand.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:29 PM

Default Here\'s what I did, now it\'s decision time on the turn

After UTG+2 checkraised the flop, I 3-bet, MP3 called, UTG+2 caps it, I called, MP3 called.

Turn: 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+2 bets, I call, MP3 folds.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

He bets, I call.

Played OK?
Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Here\'s what I did, now it\'s decision time on the turn

I would have played it the same including the flop 3-bet.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:34 PM

That's how I would have played it. I especially like the 3-bet on the flop.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That c/r could be anything, especially coming from an unkown player who posted in UTG+2 (why not wait two more deals for the BB?). Flush draw, flush draw + paired 6, OESD, bottom two pair, some other two pair, a set...

[/ QUOTE ]

Flush draw and OESD seems a little aggressive for a check-raise. I would guess Ace-kicker, a6, or a set. The MP3 could be a weak player on a flush draw. I would re-raise for information.

On the turn (regardless of a diamond turning) I would call UTG2's bet but bet out first if UTG2 checks. If a diamond lands, I would not raise. You have a nut flush draw but there is a chance UTG2 or MP3 has a flush and you'll get re-raised. If an off-suit Q lands, I raise because you now kill any two-pair now.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:10 PM

exactly how I would have played it.