Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Short stack babying example

Yeah, this strategy is less than optimal at the 20s. Last time I tried it, The guy with like 7 bb's left ended up making a stand with A7o. The time before that, someone with like 6 bb's made their stand with 44 (I ended up winning with T7o, but still...). The time before that was kinda just funny, I pushed rags utg, and met up with AA and KK lol, nothing I can do about that, but it was still funny.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Short stack babying example

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this strategy is less than optimal at the 20s. Last time I tried it, The guy with like 7 bb's left ended up making a stand with A7o. The time before that, someone with like 6 bb's made their stand with 44 (I ended up winning with T7o, but still...). The time before that was kinda just funny, I pushed rags utg, and met up with AA and KK lol, nothing I can do about that, but it was still funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from being bad timing/unlucky, it could also have something to do with the amount you have been betting into that person, or how many times you have been raising from that position? Maybe you've shown or been called on a few bluffs earlier in the tourney? The more selective I am with this play, the better I find it to work - but previous actions at the table can factor into how often someone will call you here with weaker types of defending hands.