Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Gap Concept and winning SNGs

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar, you can't be so lame as to think the losing spell i went through is because of not calling all-ins with any Ace, do you? most of the losing i have endured lately has to do with losing on the river all-in with the favored hand, not because i chose to call an all-in with a weak A-x hand and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Des,

I'm not being sarcastic here, but you do realize that it's often correct late in a SNG to call with what you know is the worst hand because of the price the pot is laying you, right?

I just get this feeling from your posts that you are one of these bubble folders who gets half his chips blinded off on the bubble and finally pushes their AJ only to get outdrawn by a K5s who correctly called the shortstack. And then whines about it.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

thank you again. to simply ignore THE KIND of opponent you're playing in favor of employing a concept that said opponent does'nt know anything about or care about is bad poker. that's like saying, "i'm a superior player and the methods i use to win, whether more advanced and unknown to the general poker playing public or not, i'm gonna employ them without fail and still triumph". i only need to look toward players like Daniel Negreanu and Sammy Farha in this year's WSOP ME to see how similar thinking backfired royally.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just truly don't get it do you? Everything you have said makes no sense at all. TGC is best applied against people who don't understand it or even know what it is. If someone knew what you were doing(better players) it wouldn't work as well for obvious reasons. Doesn't the fact that everyone always disagrees with what you say tell you something? Blaming your losses on river suck-outs is pretty weak, everyone here gets sucked out on and still manages to win except you. I wonder why?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. Bubble play and 3 players -- AGGRESSION. Constant raises in position. Even fewer flops are seen. Gap concept is virtually gone at this point of the game. I will play position over cards and keep raising and stealing until someone pops me back. On the button -- raise. Button folds and I’m the SB -- raise. Button folds and SB limps -- raise in the BB. Fewer flops are seen at these levels, and I want to be the one collecting the chips. Ultra-aggressive play at this point can generate a big stack in just a few orbits. Again, exceptions apply, and if someone else is using this strategy, position (rather than your hole cards) becomes even more critical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to be pretty piss poor at bubble play...a lot of my finishes are in 4th-5th place. So this thread is very interesting to me and i have a bunch of questions.

So does this mean that you will raise any two if no raisers behind you? What about when you're in SB and the Button Calls (As happens a lot in the lower limits)? What do you do when they start reraising you? Calling you? How often do they have to call/reraise you (percentage wise) in order for you to start adjusting your play to a narrower gap?

Thanks a bunch