200 blue $25
200 black $50

(If I were picking I'd want something like
300 $5
400 $25
200 $100
50 $500
50 $1000

I think I could do better for a 'holdover' set...
Old 12-11-2004, 12:14 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Metal insert chips

They've got good feedback on these chips in other auctions they've had. The chips certainly look a bit different than all the copycat stuff that's out there.

I think one of the reasons they're so cheap (aside from questionable quality) is the values and colors, they're wacked. Blues are usually $10, Reds are $5, Greens are $25 and Blacks are $100, plus purple are $500 and whites $1 in my experience. Their colors and denominations are out of whack. But if you can live with that they seem like a pretty decent deal with free shipping. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2004, 04:54 PM

Just so that you're aware, I've handled these chips and they are very light and have a distinct plastic feeling to them. I wasn't impressed.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:29 PM

Thanks.

I went to B&M mall yesterday and saw for myself how many poker chip sets were being offered. One billiard place had 50s of 11g diamond plastic chips for $25. The same chips were on sale at a sporting goods store for $9. Nice solid weight to them - no doubt the metal insert (slug) inside the plastic.

I didn't see anything worth having, but was mildly surprised that Spencer's had 100s of the plastic 2-edge-stripe * 4 vegas series. Didn't like the feel of those at all.

I'm liking the feel of the samples I got from thepokerchip.com but not crazy about 3*1 white edge stripes on the set of chips.

More samples coming from various places. holdempokerchips hopefully got some orders from my family [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] as I had a number of sets of samples I wanted on my 'wishlist'