Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 11:03 PM

Default Playing this turn

First round $30 S&G. One limper, CO+1 raises to $60. Button calls, SB calls, I call w/ TT, limper calls.

Flop comes 778 rainbow. SB checks, I bet $250. Limper and raiser fold, button cold calls quickly and so does the SB.

Turn 2o. SB checks, button bets $300 and SB quickly calls again. I think, then fold.

Any comments on my turn play? Even though the pair on board wasn't in the zone, I felt like I was beat. Results will be posted later.

KP22
Old 12-12-2004, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Playing this turn

How bout a reply?
Old 12-12-2004, 03:24 AM

Fear the SB call here. reasonable fold with two callers.

really need to know stack size and if they where idiots or solid players, and what ever else that could lead to a better answer.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First round $30 S&G. One limper, CO+1 raises to $60. Button calls, SB calls, I call w/ TT, limper calls.

Flop comes 778 rainbow. SB checks, I bet $250. Limper and raiser fold, button cold calls quickly and so does the SB.

Turn 2o. SB checks, button bets $300 and SB quickly calls again. I think, then fold.

Any comments on my turn play? Even though the pair on board wasn't in the zone, I felt like I was beat. Results will be posted later.

KP22

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it perfectly. Pre-flop call is right, bet on flop is right, and the fold on the turn is right. I dont think after the big bet on the turn and the quick call that you can afford to put anymore money into the pot with just a small over-pair. Most likley someone has the 7. Even if they dont, they HAVE to have an over-pair higher than yours, or overcards which has 6 outs to hit. I have a feeling that at this point you're done and are drawing to a 2 outer.