Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 02:44 AM

Default AA against 3 loosies.

I'm still adjusting to the aggressiveness (and swings) at 5/10. This table was worse than most, thanks to the villians in this hand (who are also the reasons I am at this table).

UTG is 44/10. UTG+1 is 44/12. Button is 58/13. All three have low aggression numbers, but it is because they rarely fold. The button is particular is unafraid to bet or raise, with a hand or with a draw. He also likes to slowplay. A few hands ago, he beat me out of a big pot with a set of aces when I chased him down with a pocket pair and a rivered smaller set. (Any other opponent and I would have folded the turn. He had slowplayed the flop, correctly for once.) I am wondering if that memory was affecting my play here.

By the way, calling raises is what the button does best. I have previously seen him cold call pre-flop with J6s and 95s. I don't have any experience with him facing 3 bets cold however.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

At this point I put UTG on a draw, but button could have anything, including the straights or 2 pair, or a draw. In any case, the stop-and-go convinced me, and I slowed down. Opinions?
Old 12-12-2004, 02:47 AM

Default Re: AA against 3 loosies.

I'm calling down from there.