Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Q: Rude?

Assume this situation: You have 20min or so free, you sign on to a baby NL table online hit 3 quick hands for some nice pots, then you have to leave shortly.

Rude to get up and leave? Obviously understanding that this doesn't Work at a B&M Room, and understanding the rules in such a room and situation.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:33 AM

Default Re: Q: Rude?

Bye. Online people come and go.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:21 AM

For matters like these, there is no rudeness on the internet. What harm have you caused? Now some random people whom you don't know will now have to look at someone else's name instead of yours on their computer screen?

I will admit, however, that I get pissed too when a fish sits, bad beats someone, and then takes off with the cash, but whatever. Just my own frustration, not really that they did anything too wrong. (Except laying a bad beat on me, those jerks!)
Old 12-11-2004, 04:41 AM

Nope, not rude at all. This is one of the great benefits of playing online. You can hop on for a quick one or two orbits before you need to leave for an appointment. I do it all the time and see others do it all the time. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rude to get up and leave? Obviously understanding that this doesn't Work at a B&M Room, and understanding the rules in such a room and situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't it work at a B&M room? I've never heard of a rule that said you couldn't play a few hands and then leave. It certainly would be silly to do that, but what rule?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:00 PM

No the rule in most places states that if you do get up, you are required to buy in with exactly what you left with and not the limit if you want to sit down again. And if you choose not to do this there is a certain amount of time you must stay away from the table. Obviously this doesn't apply online
Old 12-11-2004, 03:56 PM

what? if i go play in my local b&m NL game and buy in with 100 and turn it into 250 after 1 hand only i could get up and cash out 250. i dont understand what the problem is.

rj
Old 12-12-2004, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No the rule in most places states that if you do get up, you are required to buy in with exactly what you left with and not the limit if you want to sit down again. And if you choose not to do this there is a certain amount of time you must stay away from the table. Obviously this doesn't apply online

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think it's lame, but not really rude that ppl do this. Most of the time it's really bad players that do this to add to their dwindling bankroll with they hit a huge pot or two.

It actually does apply online, at least at UB anyway. If u want to sit back down at the same table, u are required to buy back in with the exact same amount u left with (unless it's less than the max buyin, which u can go more... i think...)