Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Should this play be made?

Also, search for the thread called "some notes on notes" where people discuss the auto-player rating function. It is very very useful, particularly if you multi-table.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:14 PM

I don't think that push is right, but it's not the worst. You're trying to catch up on most of his reasonable raising hands (AA/AK/KK/QQ/AQ) and you're only ahead against JJ/TT. JJ/TT are drawing to 2 outs (or 1, the other being a club, which is great for you if it hits), so giving it a free card isn't scary at all. If he has one of the better hands, he's almost sure to bet on the turn anyway if a club hits so you can CR him. The trick is if a Q or A comes, you're almost a tossup on whether or not it put you ahead or improved both of you and left you still behind. If he underbets again on the turn and you don't improve on the river, then you can probably safely lay it down to a river bet. It would take great stones to fire a "value bet" with JJ/TT on the river after getting called twice and having the option to check behind.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:24 PM

first off all, thanks for the help and info.

2nd, i try to use the Auto Rate Players Function... and i get an error saying, "you need to close all windows before using this option."

are you familiar with it, or how i might fix it?

dR
Old 12-11-2004, 10:27 PM

I have never got that error! Being you just downloaded it. You did import some hands? If so i use drivett auto rate rules. You have to import them and then select a database and then autorate it.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:01 PM

are you guys joking? make this play every time and twice on Sunday. you've got a 5+9 out monster nut draw and folding equity; you'd be a moron not to make this bet.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys joking? make this play every time and twice on Sunday. you've got a 5+9 out monster nut draw and folding equity; you'd be a moron not to make this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have busted "MANY" people making that same very bet!!! & will do it again and again!!! Just different styles I would say. You have to play within your comfort zone!

I don't anyone here is a moron!! We are all here to better ourselves!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:29 PM

you realize that when you're "busting" someone by calling that bet you're putting money in with the worst of it, right?

if you're not willing to make a strong move on the flop with a pair, the nut overcard draw and the nut flush draw as a favorite to win the hand, then you're playing the wrong game.

fim
Old 12-11-2004, 11:52 PM

Well most of the time people people go all in on a wish and a prayer!!! Hopeing that they make there flush or straight! So I do like I'm suppost to I charge those who are drawing. If they make it so be it!

All we can do is go in with the best of it and hope for the best!!! So your telling me you always go all in on a draw? You only play drawing hands??? If I got TPTK I'm suppose to do what ever I can to protect that hand! Charge those who are drawing!!!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:54 PM

The problem is that you're not ahead of the most reasonable range of UTG-raised hands. If the guy button raised the blinds, then sure, but UTG raise has to be a tighter range. You're behind 56% to AA and AK and KQ (although KQ is admittedly less likely), behind 70% against KK/QQ, and you're only ahead 51% against KJ/KT, if those are even in the range. Your only big edge that you might be able to milk for money is another AQ, but that is middle pair, and you're still splitting 2/3 of the time, so he has to be willing to play middle pair for a lot and you have to improve.

You might have some folding equity against KJ/KT/AQ, but you have basically zero folding equity against AA/AK/KK/QQ/KQ, and folding out JJ/TT isn't a coup.

If I'm missing something here, by all means tell me, but it really looks like this push has almost 0 folding equity against hands you want to fold (except another AQ) and is pushing money when he's almost certainly behind if he's called.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:04 AM

I agree with yea! if you read any of my posts above I'm the one that said I wouldn't be going all in on a draw and second best hand!