Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 09:56 PM

Default Re: My best hand ever.....was a great feeling.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A final note:

He slow rolls the nuts, even though he was last to raise. I hope the others learned their lesson.

[/ QUOTE ]

What lesson would that be, to not be a jerk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh, that was my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2004, 03:04 PM

I think I realize this now....(hazing..etc)

The only thing missing is me stripping down and having to carry something with my ass-cheeks across the quad at lunch!!! LOL
Old 12-11-2004, 03:07 PM

Actually No...I know what slow-rolling is and do not like it either. I actually couldn't get a word in edge-wise, because everyone ELSE thought they had the nuts. Just kinda how it played out.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Once and for all....I did not slow roll!!! I gave you exactly how it played out.....we pretty much all flipped over at the same time, but in terms of who spoke first....the guy who hit the little flush said "flush" the guy who hit an Ace High straight was pissed that someone played the 3d4d and beat him, and they didn't notice my 8's until they each had spoken....and I waited until they noticed before I spoke. I guess I wrote it kind of in a linear manner, but this took all of maybe 5-10 seconds in real time.

So for the record....

I know I am a bad actor
I know I am a horrible poker player
I know all who post here are better than me
I know I shouldn't have had the Temerity (look it up) to even THINK about posting here
I know I will never amount to anything in life

(Tongue firmly in cheek) and oh yeah, all y'all can bite my butt.

LOL

Just jokin guys....Like some have said, was just wanting to share really an exciting hand for me....nothing more, nothing less.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once and for all....I did not slow roll!!! I guess I wrote it kind of in a linear manner, but this took all of maybe 5-10 seconds in real time.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 seconds!?!?!? If you were at my table, I'd chew you out for taking that long to show the 2nd nuts.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:30 PM

You'd then have a really big problem .
Old 12-11-2004, 06:35 PM

Bass huntr... you still have a lot to learn. 5-10 seconds is in fact slowrolling.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:20 PM

well now some of you are sounding delusional.....or can't read...I don't know which. I said we all flipped them over at the same time, I just didn't jump up and scream I have the nuts I have the nuts!!!! I didn't say anything until they finished screaming about their hands and noticed the quads.

Jesus guys, I mean really.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Slow rolling is only funny to the person doing it. If you slow-rolled this hand just for fun, you're a dumb jerk. If you slow-rolled it to put the other players on tilt, you're a smart jerk. Either way, [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting someone on tilt when you knock them out of a tourney would not be a smart move, unless you were planning on following them to a ring game...

tilt after a KO = fight in parking lot
Old 12-12-2004, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well now some of you are sounding delusional.....or can't read...I don't know which. I said we all flipped them over at the same time, I just didn't jump up and scream I have the nuts I have the nuts!!!! I didn't say anything until they finished screaming about their hands and noticed the quads.

Jesus guys, I mean really.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, you didn't have the nuts. Second of all, you're the last agressor, you're required to show first. You would have been better off if you didn't say anything.

[ QUOTE ]

Then my buddy, Mr. Tight Aggressive, looks over at the 3-4 flush guy and says “Sorry dude” and turns over the A-7 of diamonds. I then am about to bust, and I say “well boys this was about like a perfect storm for you guys” and flip over my pocket 8’s. The whole table and about 30 guys around it all exploded and went NUTS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Third, if you flipped the cards over at the same time, why didn't you write that the first time around?