Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Wait til 500BB or move now?

I'd like to make the move to Party, but in order to gain the max bonus I'd need to wait til I have 500BB. Should I grind it out at Paradise (where I'm at now) or make the move because the games are better (read more fish & more $$$)? Right now I'm at 330BB. Does it really matter??? Thoughts???
Old 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Wait til 500BB or move now?

Depends on how you are doing at paradise, but if you are talking about a 20% signup bonus up to $100, if you deposit the 330 now as opposed to the 500 you miss out on 20% of 170, or 34 bucks. One thing to consider, especially if you plan on getting serious, playing a lot and moving up in limits is signing up through an affiliate. An affiliate can typically offer you the same sign up bonus and kick you back a portion of your rake, which is not a de minimis concern as you mve up in limits and play a lot of hands. If you create an account without affiliate, you can't "legally" later sign up with an affilite at the same skin.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:10 PM

Question of expectation. Will you make enough more at Party to cover what you'll lose in not maxing out the bonus? Is your BB $1? I thought the standard bonus is 20% up to $500 but not sure. $34 in lost bonus doesn't seem like a lot to be concerned about.
Old 12-10-2004, 02:11 PM

I'm currently at 5 BB/100 @ .50/1 thru 5k hands (small sample I know) and 7 BB/100 in total for all limits I've played at Paradise (13k hands). I hadn't thought of the rakeback option - thanks for the info I'll look into that.

Anyone else?
Old 12-10-2004, 02:13 PM

Checkfold: That's really the question I'm trying to answer for myself...
Old 12-10-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Not much difference at .5/1

After 16k hands at Paradise Poker and ~10k at Party at the .5/1 and 1/2 level I can say the difference in play is not significant.

As a pokertracker user I found that I had good stats on much of the opposition in the small pond at Paradise. At party it is rare I see the same poor player again. A lot more players that seem to play less often. Not having to request hand histories and cut and paste them into PT is great though.

Like I said before, I don't think the play is much different. At 5 BB/HR it shouldn't take you that long to reach 500 if you multi-table.

If you like to play daily don't move all your cash at once. When I requested a withdrawl from Paradise with NetTeller, it said 24-48 hours but took 50+. There's no cost for transferring the $, so do it 1/2 at a time to keep the option to play.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Not much difference at .5/1

[ QUOTE ]
Not having to request hand histories and cut and paste them into PT is great though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something here, I dont cut and paste anything from Party, Paradise, Stars.
Old 12-11-2004, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not having to request hand histories and cut and paste them into PT is great though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did I miss something here, I dont cut and paste anything from Party, Paradise, Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is saying he likes not having to cut and paste from the Party HH's, as you do when you're playing on paradise.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:17 AM

Move to PP enough for $50 bonus and next month move the remainder for another $50, play both sites. YOu can get multiple rebuy bonuses a month if you just ask. But I play multiple tables daily so I have a long track record, as a new customer they may not be willing to give you multiple rebuy bonuses in single month.

Personally I keep 2 active online accts. One UB for their inexpensive tournaments and I like the SnG structure better than PP. PP is where I play majority of my cash games.

When I'm running bad on PP I will switch cash play over to UB for a few days.

good luck
Old 12-11-2004, 11:58 AM

I've been trying to figure this out, and I know it's been answered before, but I can't find it. How do you get your HH from party to PT without having to cut and paste them?