Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2004, 01:36 AM

Default A Fullhouse...this should be an easy one

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ???

Final Pot: ??? BB
Old 12-10-2004, 02:30 AM

Default Re: A Fullhouse...this should be an easy one

Call me weak tight but I check call. I don't think a weaker hand calls your bet and I think this is a situation where someone might take a stab at it with A 8 or something. Now someone tell me I'm wrong.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Bump....N/T

Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 PM

I think you may be beat as anyone with a 6, 5, or bigger pocket pair has you beat. I'd go with check/call.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:57 PM

You don't describe what kind of player UTG+2 is. Is he tight? LAG? I'd probably bet. If he raises, he's representing at least a 6, maybe a 5. That would make it an easy fold for me.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:09 PM

I usually try to include reads when I think they directly affect a decision. My read on UTG+2 is loose as are the other players. They are not that aggro. They are just your typical Party 2+4 players.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:24 PM

I'd just check-call. If you bet and are raised, what do you do? (I'd fold.) Is this bet-fold better than check-calling? I don't know.

I think you're up against a better hand that won't fold to your aggression, so I'd just check-call. Somebody call me and and the Chairman that we're wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 12-10-2004, 07:33 PM

Definitely check/call. You can't fold but don't want to risk a raise. Checking might induce a bluff too.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:58 AM

I bet out the turn and the river on this board.

If anyone had an overpair or even paired the 6, they should have raised your flop bet...it's a straight possible board (though unlikely), and anyone with a better hand than your 44 should want to knock anyone holding a gutshot out of the hand, or else find out if you really have the straight.

When you check to UTG+1 on the turn, he's going to figure you for a gutshot that didn't come through, and bet his ace. MP2 &amp; button both make loose calls with overcards behind him. I think if you'd bet out the turn you would've folded at least two of those players...now they think it's just a coinflip so they're staying in.

When that third 5 comes on the river, you have to ask yourself which is more likely: Is one of your opponents underplaying an overpair? Did one of them call preflop with a 6 or 5? Or are you just up against your run of the mill A high?

I think you win this hand far more often than you lose it, especially with the betting patterns, and so I value bet this river. If you do get raised, okay, fine--make your crying call, and you'll probably still end up winning the odd hand.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:48 AM

The flop you had straight draw and bet. I like the bet.

The board paired the 5. You check and close action with a call.

The board put three fives up there. You missed your straight, I would not bet. I would check and see what develops. I do not like folding in that spot either, however without reads I might fold to a bet and a raise, especially if I do not close action.