Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 02:51 PM

Default Is it worth singing up for rakebacks if I only play SnGs?

Just wondering how the rakeback would work for SnGs? How much could I expect to get back on a typical $11, 22 or 33 or 55 game?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Is it worth singing up for rakebacks if I only play SnGs?

Rakeback is by definition free money.

I don't know exactly what offers are out there, but from what I understand you can get around 20% of your rake back in most cases.

This translates in to:

$11+1 tournament ... $1 rake ... $.20 back
$20+2 tournament ... $2 rake ... $.40 back

etc.

Seeing as how it's free money, it's of course worth it.

Some other numbers, say you play:

15 $10+1 tournaments a day, 20 days a month. That's 15x1x20=$300 in rake in the month, or $60 free dollars you get back.

20 $200+15 tournaments a day, 20 days a month. That's 20x15x20=$6000 in rake in the month, or $1200 free dollars you get back.

Damn, personally I've been procrastinating doing this for a while now, but looking at that last line is now making my physically ill.

citanul

PS: yes, it's worth it.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:53 PM

Where do you sign up for rake back at? thanks
Old 12-09-2004, 04:06 PM

Look in the classifieds on this site.

A word of advice...

There are a couple legit sites that offer rakeback and there are lone affiliates who offer rakeback.

The legit sites pay less, but they are known about by the sites, and the sites are OK with their offers. They pay less

The lone affilliates are generally breaking the sites terms and regulations. they offer more, but you never know for sure what you are getting yourself into. From what I hear, some are VERY trustworthy and reliable, but I still steer clear from individual affilliates.

It's a personal choice I suppose.

regards
Brad S
Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 PM

Default TANSTAFL

Very briefly, how do these rake-back programs work? What does the "rake-back" provider get for their payment to you? Do they just get to claim you as someone who signed up under their account so they get bonus $$? This seems like it would not be a sustainable income stream..... I'm too skeptical for my own good often times.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: TANSTAFL

Since I already have a PP account I cannot do Rakeback is this correct? Or is there some way around this? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very briefly, how do these rake-back programs work? What does the "rake-back" provider get for their payment to you? Do they just get to claim you as someone who signed up under their account so they get bonus $$? This seems like it would not be a sustainable income stream..... I'm too skeptical for my own good often times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they keep some of your rakeback.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM

It's certainly worth it. I played around 600 $100 + 9 sitngos over November and made around $1200 from my friend's affiliate status. Even if you are playing $10+1s, if you play a large number of them, the rakeback money will be relevant compared to your normal earning.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are an "affiliate" of the site, which basically means they go out and find people to play on the site. When you sign up through an affiliate, generally by using a bonus code they give you, the site pays the affiliate -- either a one-time bonus, or a steady payout based on the revenue the site collects from you, or both. In the latter case, the affiliate can offer you a portion of what the site pays them, as an inducement for you to sign up. So as long as you are playing on that site, the affiliate will get money from them and pass some percentage of that money back to you.

Make sense?
Old 12-09-2004, 06:32 PM

Thanks. This does make sense and it adds clarity to the posts I've read by others such as AleoMagus regarding the use of "independent" rakeback providers vs. those that are affiliated with the poker sites.