Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2004, 06:28 PM

Default QQ w/ KK on flop

My first post here, let me know if I do anything out of line.

Read pre-hand: Been at the table for about 3 orbits, fairly loose group, almost always goes to a showdown. UTG+1 is loose aggressive, seen him bet at it with both the best and worst hands. SB is loose passive, seen him call all the way with a clear loser.

The Game:

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (23.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 26.50 BB

My thoughts during play:
- Preflop I was going to raise myself with QQ, so I didn't mind calling.
- On the flop, I'm worried about a K naturally as this is a table where Kxo is being played a lot. The preflop raiser bets again and I call so as to hopefully improve and stay in it with my fairly good hand.
- On the turn, now only a K or AA will beat me, so I'm either way ahead or dead. I reraise the preflop raiser to clear out the field or take it here if no one has the K. Betting caps and two others are still left including the preflop raiser.
- On the river, I go passive and just call figuring I've already won a big pot or been dead since the flop and never knew it.

Thoughts? Should I have raised the flop to test for a K then? SB didn't worry me much considering my read and that he never raised, but how far does it make sense to push UTG+1 after the turn?

Worrots
Old 12-08-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: QQ w/ KK on flop

i'd raise the river
Old 12-08-2004, 06:34 PM

Raise preflop !!!!! If capped call.

If bet into on flop, raise, call down a 3 bet.

Hard to respond past this as if you had done the correct thing preflop the whole hand would have changed.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:35 PM

Preflop you need to 3-bet.

On the flop, depending on the preflop action after you 3-bet, most likely bet or raise if bet into, and go from there.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:36 PM

Raise PF, call a cap
Raise the flop, call a 3-bet
Raise/3-bet the turn
Call the river.

-d
Old 12-08-2004, 06:39 PM

yeah i'm going with everyone else on raising preflop. i'd raise the flop as well.