Michelle Trachtenberg 48 52.75%
Jessica Boehrs 43 47.25%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Bums

I hate bums and hope they die.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:50 PM

I just want to say that if a bum has a sign saying he needs beer or weed money, I don't give him any. A lot of people think its funny, I don't though.
Old 12-07-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]if that were the case, Portland would turn into a town instead of a big city. Half the residents of P-Town are bums.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]if that were the case, Portland would turn into a town instead of a big city. Half the residents of P-Town are bums.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're annoying. That's obviously an exaggeration.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:09 PM

scrooge
Old 12-07-2004, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pain of living in a puddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if its a puddle of puke ---

its difficult for me to understand, it seems impossible that someone is a bum and thats the way it is --- you have to be able to do something or go somewhere that you are able to receive some help, something to get things going again
Old 12-07-2004, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're annoying. That's obviously an exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no its not, its been documented on this site
Old 12-07-2004, 06:30 PM

Hey man. That link doesn't work.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:34 PM

I only give money to the ones who look really screwed up, and usually steer all money toward the older ones. The younger ones can get a job. Once you're old and screwed up, you might be too far out to come back.

Too many bums are professionals out here. Sometimes they wear nice clothes. A couple of bums who hang out at my local supermarket have been begging there for like 10 years, and one lives in a building a few over from mine, where he rents an apartment next to a guy I know. He's living just like the rest of us, only in his own style. I can understand that, but I can't respect it, and don't want to help support the lie he gives out to everyone that he's really in need.

A lot of these guys are young jerks, too. When I think of the horrible jobs I've had, and sometimes two at a time, I can't see any reason why these guys can't swallow their pride and go work at McDonalds or something just like everyone else.

Further, a hell of a lot of them are angry and aggressive, and spew out racist crap whenever they don't get free money. To hell with them! They think that just because they're this race of that one, I owe them free money because I'm a white guy? I hope those guys all get struck by lightning. They make the world an uglier place in so many ways every day. They truly contribute nothing to the planet, only take, and try to cause harm.

Two more things -- a lot of these bums are the small time street thugs, too. The same guys who are making the puppy eyes or whatever in the day -- who do you think is smashing the car windows and stealing stereos, sometimes even slashing up the seats for fun, at night? You think they drive in from other neighborhoods to do that? No, it's exactly the same guys milling around with nothing to do but be jerks and feed their drug and laziness habits during the day.

I view giving money to these guys as enabling, exactly like giving drugs to an addict. And face it, with money, that's exactly what you're doing 90% of the time or more. They don't need your support; you can support charities and soup kitchens if you want people to eat. They're not hard to find; try the phone book; ask around. Stop by a Salvation Army place sometime. If you really care, that is, and aren't just appeasing your conscience for your real and imagined sins.

The only ones that I give money to and that I think really benefit from it, like I said, are the older guys and the ones who are obviously mentally ill. The people who definitely can't or won't take care of themselves. I've given money away to runaways before, rarely.

Almost all the rest are just scammers and creeps. And I would be making much better use of my money giving it to charity, and they would be making much better use of their time looking for a job.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:58 PM

I don't consider it charity, I figure we are bartering, so I make the bum offer me something in return. Usually it's just answering a question or two. like "what is your goal in life?", "you ever been married?". [censored] like that. Unless it's the type of bum that is just mentally screwed up, then I just give them the cash.

I don't buy that whole, "they are just going to spend it on beer or drugs" line, cuz hell, thats what I spend my money on. If a six pack is the only source of happiness the guy has, then why should I cockblock that just because I drink a 6 pack infront of the TV, instead of under an overpass smelling like [censored].

Most of the time tho I try to give bums food. Like if there is one begging for money infront of the store, I wont give him cash on the way in, buy I'll buy a deli sandwhich or something and give it to him on the way out. Heh, I've boughten bums a 6 pack of bud before when I'm going in to buy a shitload of alcohol for a party or something.

If I wasnt worried about getting killed I'd prolly invite the occasional bum over so he could shower and eat a real meal. But the way the world is today, that would just be a stupid idea.