Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

SilverSurfer,

I too will be finished with this thread as soon as I finish this reply.

[ QUOTE ]
You post frequently on the MTT forum? No, you post obsessively on that forum, and half of it is incendiary drivel like this, littered with dude-speak, shouting matches, and enough grammatical and syntax errors to slay a horde of english teachers. For every intelligent thing you say, there are at LEAST 20 posts that make my eyes bleed

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
5BB HELL NO. That is way too high you will be "Raymer stuck" to call alot of all-ins when you dont have a prayer.

May the Raymer be with you.

Or Sossman he could just read Greg Raymers posts here and becoming a great player who never can fold AQ

I guess Raymer sucking out against someone who had all his chips in with AA is ok especially when the stakes are like 1000x higher right lol.

He's 8x the player Raymer is you can take that too the bank and deposit it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Then elaborate and prove yourself to be right. I was expecting atleast 5 posts in which Zaxx has been all of the above, you only gave me ONE which is not enough to validate your point as far as i'm concerned, especially when there are atleast 20 that make your eyes bleed. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Zaxx doesn't have Raymer on the brain? These comments are all from the last two weeks alone , but this thread was just for discussion? Right. I'll say it again - he doesn't like the Arieh/Williams bashing, so he decided to start a bashing thread of his own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absurd.

This thread was not intended to bash Raymer and Zaxx has clearly pointed this out several times. Later on during the thread there are SOME negative posts about Raymer that where out of line and Zaxx was man enough to apologize.

Goodbye.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:35 PM

I stand by what I posted.

You have your protocol, I have mine. Mine includes spelling somewhat close to properly and not making things painful to read.

It's a free country. If your posts are loaded with spelling errors and that freaking dudespeak/caps lock/incoherent sentences, that's your right. If you wanna make 70 posts a day, I suppose that's your right too - just expect people to not take you seriously most of the time(more cause of the former than the latter).

Hey, I don't think Greg is an all-time great and there is defintely a bias toward him on the forum(I think it's deserved, but anyway). But if you want to openly flame and obsess about a board icon, expect to get in flame wars. We get it already. Stop trying so hard.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a free country. If your posts are loaded with spelling errors and that freaking dudespeak/caps lock/incoherent sentences, that's your right. If you wanna make 70 posts a day, I suppose that's your right too - just expect people to not take you seriously most of the time(more cause of the former than the latter).

[/ QUOTE ]

Spell check sais.....I misspelled 4 words.

Very thoughtful however that you were kind enough to point out that my spelling wasn't 100% accurate, I appreciate it dearly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm also greatful for the fact that you are smart enough to state the obvious. How can one live without the likes of you. I really don't know how this forum managed to keep going without you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I have been posting on this forum for a long time and no one has ever criticized me for my opinions except for you and that no nothing fool of a poster Busguy.

[ QUOTE ]
But if you want to openly flame and obsess about a board icon, expect to get in flame wars

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never flamed anyone. If I argue with someone it's for the right reasons but i'll never openly flame someone for no reason. I happen to like Greg Raymer, and I appreciate his consistant posting on 2+2. I only replied to this thread to defend Zaxx and Desdia against a CERTIN few that were attacking him.

You're not worth anymore of my time you anathema. I asked you to do something and you FAILED which probably very common.

Good Bye!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 PM

Default I\'m going to assume you are trolling

since you have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:39 PM

Default we are talking play

why are you so fixated on TOURNAMENTS?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Potato Salad anyone?

I am left to believe people would prefer to either dump on me or avoid the question entirely because it is quite obvious what conclusion would be reached <font color="blue"> in even the most elementary examination of the facts</font>

I guess we'll be looking forward to your release of that report "Potato Salad- the REAL Fossilman" sometime soon?
Old 12-06-2004, 11:46 PM

Default Actually, I was surprised by the reaction.... a little

Dumbdea is one thing... but, while trollish, the original post wasn't THAT bad....

Some of the following replies, however, needed some work.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:59 PM

Default Re: To Desdia, the biggest dork on this site

[ QUOTE ]
We wait with baited breath.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, irony.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:29 AM

Default Re: More content control on the WPT forum needed!

I'm only responding so you can see that I have reviewed your complaint. The posters in question are not, as far as I can tell, in violation of our rules. If I start banning people because there is a small "chance they will offend a great poster", it is my opinion that I would do great damage to the dynamic discussions taking place all over this site. Great posters can take care of themselves quite well.

If you do come across any specific posts, however, please notify me. The easiest way to do so is by clicking the "notify moderator" icon at the bottom of each post.

Mat
Old 12-07-2004, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now Raymer's play in the TOC is a different matter entirely. Where did you see "horrid horrid horrid" play at any time? He made some moves and got caught. That sort of thing happens in winner take all tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

read your last paragraph again. try raising with dominated hands preflop, then calling over the top all-ins with those same hands because of pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, by your logic, if Greg raises pre-flop with KK and calls an all-in against AA because of pot odds, it's a "horrid, horrid play".

Got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't be serious.