Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 11:43 AM

Default Is Supersystem 2 Worth It?

I already have Supersystem and was wondering if SS2 is completely new or just edited. Are their more odds for holdem and is it that much more insightful that i should buy it? I'll probably get it anyway but it will make it easier if i heard it first hand from some 2+2er's.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Is Supersystem 2 Worth It?

O.k. this is just lazy. You don't even need the search function. Just look down a few threads. The books are just out and any info on SS@ that's available here is there.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:47 PM

If you win two extra pots in your lifetime because of the book was it worth it?
Old 12-06-2004, 04:43 PM

let's begin with that any decent poker book that makes you think will make you better.

i'll address limit hol em. jennifer harman wrote the limit section. she plays in the biggest limits games, with the best players in the world and beats the game. more importantly, the blind structure is different then it was when the 1st super s was written. as for no limit, is seems to me that the 1st ss nl was written for cash games not tournaments. with the explosision in tourney's, i expect they will address both. and all the games are different, so each section should be helpful.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
O.k. this is just lazy. You don't even need the search function. Just look down a few threads. The books are just out and any info on SS@ that's available here is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down their cheif. All I was asking was if there is that much more information than the first Supersystem. I didn't know if it was just another edited version of the original with minor changes. Plus i did look at other threads but there wasn't much help. Also im a rookie to 2+2. Thanks for the input though.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus i did look at other threads but there wasn't much help. Also im a rookie to 2+2. Thanks for the input though.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you looked then you'd have seen where this exact topic was discussed. Someone even posted chapter by chapter with page numbers. I see you're pretty new so you might as well know now that anytime someone asks this kind of question, "Search Function" is the standard answer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:39 PM

Actually, that's not entirely true. Some folks take as much, sometimes even less, time to post a reasonable/helpful answer as a few others do to post a bs answer. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, that's not entirely true. Some folks take as much, sometimes even less, time to post a reasonable/helpful answer as a few others do to post a bs answer. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
And some folks get tired of posting the same responses over and over for people that don't bother to look before posting. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 08:41 PM

So don't post the same response. Let somebody else do it. But what is there to gain from posting a bs response? To feel good? To inflate one's personal sense of importance? If the answers are "no," why bother? If the answer to either is "yes," I guess there's not much I can say.

Jake, you're a "pooh-bah". You can be nice. It's allowed.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:29 AM

Where I come from, Pooh-Bahs expect to get treated with a lot of respect.