Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 03:33 AM

Default Poker - Celebrity Deathmatch

So who would the contestants be in this fight? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was thinking something like...

Phil Hellmuth
Josh Arieh
Mike Matusow

versus

Daniel Negreanu
Paul Phillips
Howard Lederer

Would be fun to watch [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Paul are you up for the RL version?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Poker - Celebrity Deathmatch

fISCHMAN Gank and DUtch...= "young and restless"
Old 12-06-2004, 04:26 AM

I think that that matchup is a little too one-sided. Phil, Josh and Mike would probably take it handily. They're all in fairly good shape and have attitudese like none other (when they're playing at least). Negranu seems like too nice of a guy, I don't really have anything to say about Paul Phillips and Lederer isn't in the best shape from what I've seen of him. I think that Hellmuth, Arieh and Matusow vs. Ellix Powers (not really a poker celebrity, but everyone remembers the homeless guy from the LHE event), Luske and Ivey would be a much better matchup.
Old 12-06-2004, 04:39 AM

The Villains win when Daniel Negreanu shockingly turns heel and nails Howard with a chair, allowing Hellmuth (who else) for the pin. As the nWpO (new World poker Order) spray their initials on Howard's back as valet Annie screams for mercy, Daniel announces that he's tired of being looked at as the nice guy who always gets lucky, and it's his turn to be an as$hole. "Voodoo Child" plays as the nWpO leave to a chorus of boos and trash throwing, and Tony Schiavone thinks this was the greatest episode of the WPT ever!

Note - If you never watched pro wrestling in the WCW days you will not get any of this.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that Hellmuth, Arieh and Matusow vs. Ellix Powers (not really a poker celebrity, but everyone remembers the homeless guy from the LHE event), Luske and Ivey would be a much better matchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have sex with a fat lady to see this fight.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:53 AM

Brilliant.

Nice avatar.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Villains win when Daniel Negreanu shockingly turns heel and nails Howard with a chair, allowing Hellmuth (who else) for the pin. As the nWpO (new World poker Order) spray their initials on Howard's back as valet Annie screams for mercy, Daniel announces that he's tired of being looked at as the nice guy who always gets lucky, and it's his turn to be an as$hole. "Voodoo Child" plays as the nWpO leave to a chorus of boos and trash throwing, and Tony Schiavone thinks this was the greatest episode of the WPT ever!

Note - If you never watched pro wrestling in the WCW days you will not get any of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Awesome post.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, nice post. I love the NWO and Tony Schiavone reference