Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: order to read and more books

[ QUOTE ]
i do not think internet texas hold em is very good, if you can return it i would suggest you do. i would start with winning low limit, it should help get you started.

[/ QUOTE ]

How absurd. WLLH is OK to start with. On the other hand, if you're ready to roll up your sleeves and get right to it, just dump WLLH and go straight to ITH. The book is far more complete and detailed than WLLH.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Just ordered 3 books, what order should I read them in?

I might take a little heat from others for this one...but stay away from TOP for now. There is no question it is the best book in the business...however from a personal point of view I tried reading it early on...confused the living heck out of me. In all honesty, you need to be a good player before attempting to read that one...

thing is...once you get to that level, once you start thinking instead of just mechanically playing, read it, reread it, read it again, etc, etc, etc. catch my drift?
Old 12-06-2004, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Just ordered 3 books, what order should I read them in?

Willy's right. If you are only 2 months in the game, TOP will be a bit much. Start with Winning Low Limit Holdem...read it least twice, then move on from there. Since you own it, read ITH (I haven't read it so I know little about it), then move on to TOP when you have alot of poker under your belt.