Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2004, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Flopped nuts on a steal, what do I do?

I believe the thinking behind raising hands like 63o is how easy you can get away from a reraise.

Even hands like 56s-89s, if I raise and it comes back to me minraised the temptation to see the flop is still there. With COMPLETE trash its not.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:41 AM

So youre saying that its better to raise with 63o and not 56s because you cant properly analyze when it is -EV to call a reraise? Clearly that cant be right.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:25 AM

No, I was just stating what I believe to be the reason for raising such hands. Since the question was raised of why u would ever raise such a hand.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:57 AM

while sometimes i like to steal in EP or MP for the purpose of deception it sounds from the last few posts your splashing around pretty frequently with total crap hands and oop....remember while deception is a huge part of the game(TTOP DESCRIBES THIS) there is a reason why people value cards and position in NLH tourneys...Id probably take it down a notch man.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:51 PM

I can understand the argument of being OOP, but trying to steal with 63o is a good move.

Not to misquote, but in Sklansky's tournament book it says that you shouldn't turn a good hand into a bad one. When attempting to steal with ATo or KJs you would not appreciate a reraise from your opponent and would likely fold, thus making your hand no better than 63o. So if you are going to fold to a reraise anyway you might as well try to steal with crap hands.

Tim