Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How many tables do you play simultaneously?
2, but sometimes 1 7 21.88%
Only 1, rarely 2 1 3.13%
3 5 15.63%
4 13 40.63%
5 1 3.13%
6 3 9.38%
7 1 3.13%
8 1 3.13%
9 or more 0 0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2004, 02:43 PM

Default Re: ODD Thought- Satellite Bubble Situation

This is the flip-side of the case where two players check it down to make sure that a third player, who is all-in, busts out. The more players who see the the hand to the end, the better the chance that the all-ins will bust out.

By calling you can increase the chances of busting out an opponent without significantly increasing your chances of busting out. As much as it goes against instinct (and would embarass me to turn it over), I think you have to call.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:59 PM

Again, I understand why you should call. Ther is really no reason not to, unless you are done playing.

In this situation, I am done playing. I will letthe others battle it out. Almost all of your reasons (the last 5 or posters) are valid and I agree, but for me ... I am done.

The original poster asked for "no reason, I gave mine."

It is very good to hear the opposing reasons and this is a very good post.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:07 PM

That is a very vaild point also, Post fold and watch Sports Center. Better Yet post fold and go to a side game so it doesn't effect your hourly rate [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 12-03-2004, 03:09 PM

I might be biased but I think this is a great thread that has caused a lot of thinking.

I figured the answer would lean to yes, but I figured there would be some dissent.

I am a little suprised that is running 50/50 in the poll, and I think your reason for not playing is also very valid.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:22 PM

I don't know how I missed this thread before. However, I would absolutely fold this hand. Further, I'd put myself on Post Blind and Fold. Why be the Sheriff here? Let the outlaws kill each other. It's not like you need to help things along, and possibly hurt yourself by constantly trying to knock people out.

Simply, ONE person is definitely going out in this hand. Quite possibly the tournament will be over if two go out. Since you are chip leader by a long shot, you have to realize no one will catch you. So why not just let them all fight for the spot, and go have a beer.

To me, this situation is like having several girlfriends that all find out about each other at the same time, and come over to confront you on your front lawn in the rain... and it becomes a huge mud wrestling contest. Who cares who loses, it will be a LOT of fun to watch!
Old 12-03-2004, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To me, this situation is like having several girlfriends that all find out about each other at the same time, and come over to confront you on your front lawn in the rain... and it becomes a huge mud wrestling contest. Who cares who loses, it will be a LOT of fun to watch!

[/ QUOTE ]

My vote for Quote of the month , hehe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 12-03-2004, 04:06 PM

great thread.

were i in this situation, i would not be paying attention enough to care. i'd be in auto-fold mode unless i saw top 3-4 starting hands and would fold them too to any stack that was large enough to lessen my chances of being a lock into the tourney.

however, the logic here is sound. won't ever be applicable for me, but i went from disagreeing with a call to agreeing 100%. good for the thought processes.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:50 PM

I instantly call for the implied mud wrestling odds. Plus hilarity odds.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 PM

I wouldn't even be playing here. Click the post and fold and go do something else. The odds of you being blinded out before 2 others are busted have got to be astronomical.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't even be playing here. Click the post and fold and go do something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not click that at a site that tells everyone that I am away. That give the person to my right and one or two before a huge advantage.

But basically I am, have been and <font color="blue"> usually </font> be in that "fold" mode.

Ironically, I was in a qualify at Party for a 500K. I was chip leader. 15 went and we were down to 17 or 18. I get AA UTG with a huge chip lead, almost double #3. I go all-in, no one calls.

A well-known and trusted poster in zoo yelled at me! Deservingly so.