Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Anyone want some amuesment....Read This

dude...Thats funny.

Where do you find these pictures?

-Gryph

PS. I once heard an argument one time about how it makes us feel better to lose to a good player, but that is a terrible thing to wish for because it only feeds our pride...we want to lose to a bad player because he'll be back and he is easier to get our money back from and then some.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I had a pocket pair, what did you want me to do, fold it?".

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, I want you to call with it every time, thanks. Then I would have shook his hand and walked out.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:54 PM

two things pop into my mind

1st - you are the type of player who berates poor players and makes them so uncomfortable they don't want to put thier dead money into the prize pool. STOP IT!

2nd - Players with their limited understanding of the game are the ones you should send a limo for. I'd love to have 99 of them in the local 100 player tournaments. It would make my bankroll grow faster than the Euro.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:06 PM

Does anyone think he played this hand well? With Jacks, I'd smooth call the raise on the button, to hopefully close the betting (assuming the SB didn't re-raise).

However, if I had raised like this player did, once UTG+1 re-raised and the calling station called, I'd probably smooth call again, only due to pot odds (i think, it's hard to follow the betting amounts).

I just think this player was way too aggressive with Jacks in the face of strength. Yeah, we know what they had, but I'm not letting that impact my judgement. In addition, we have no reads on these players, so I'm only going with what has been detailed. As I read through the post, the WORST hand I put either of these players on was AKs, and more likely QQ or better.

Calling stations can be particularly dangerous in tournaments b/c they can be in with any ace, for example. If an ace and two rags flops, your Jacks are cooked.

Am I too weak?
Old 12-03-2004, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
said to him why the hell are you cold calling 1100 with me still behind him as a re-raiser

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't tap on the fish tank, you'll scare the fish.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I was playing in a multi-table tournament with about 21 players. We started with 2500 chips. Blinds were 50/100 at this point and I was around 3300 chips (about 40 minutes into the tournament). Kid UTG+1 who hasn't won a pot yet raised 250. This calling station to my right calls it. I re-raise 500 more with pocket jacks on the button. Everyone folds to UTG+1 he thinks for about 3 minutes and goes all-in for 600 more (he had the most indecision on what to do so I knew my Jacks were good). The calling station to my right cold calls the raise and re-raise which was 1100. I re-raised him all-in for around 2000 more and he called instantly and showed pocket 4's and he had 50 chips left if he were to lose the pot. UTG+1 kid had pocket 9's. Before I put down the flop I said to him why the hell are you cold calling 1100 with me still behind him as a re-raiser and he said back to me most possiby the most idiotic response I have ever heard in my life "I had a pocket pair what did you want me to do, fold it?" Sure enough a 4 hit the flop and I was gone I got up said a few things about what a joke he is and how he is one of the worst players I have ever seen. I just left before I couldn't stand looking at his stupid face anymore and gave me incentive to brake his face. What I was more annoyed was that quote

"I had a pocket pair, what did you want me to do, fold it?".

Anyone else have morons say anything this stupid at a table before?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know enough to keep your mouth shut to the fish, you ARE the fish.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:05 AM

Your play was questionable. I'd fold here and then see the fours knock out the nines and I have chips for another hand - even if I was wrong about the hands I put them on since it's so early in the tournament and even if it's a weak play on my part...it's still early. Then, if I saw that those decisions by the other players were bad ones overall, I'd remember that for next time.

If you want to be aggressive here and put the players all in with JJ that is fine, I guess, but don't complain about the play when that river card falls. Yelling and screaming about how "good you are" gives us information about how good you really are. Yes, in your mind, the decision from that player wasn't as good as yours, but he won, you lost, shake the dude's hand and walk away. Play against him next week and you would most likely win. The amount of temper tantrums I see in the tournaments I play is getting pretty disgusting - including the mindless celebration before the tournament is even won - one hand means nothing until you win money or first prize (whatever your goal is).

If I were that player though, I'd never play with you...I'd go someplace else, which again...that would be bad for you....Hopefully you can see that...