Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 09:03 PM

Default cheating

I have two questions on this topic. Firstly, we had a nine person tourney at my house. Before it started we counted the deck and it was full. The tournament went as usual. When a few players busted they played side games with what i later found out was a duplicate deck to the one we were playing with. On the last hand I was HU with my friend and the flop came out As As 7c. It was not caught right away but after a little we caught on. It was a real mess. Everyone wanted their money back from the two people who made money, my friend and i. Of the people there i trusted all but two. What would anyone do?

Second question. Has anyone, playing HU against someone they didn't trust muck a great hand because they suspected foul play. I have folded KK before preflop and had no regrets. He had dealt the hand before i entered the room. Has anyone else done something like this? Thanx for the responses.

Jake
Old 12-02-2004, 09:16 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: cheating

Uh, if the tourney is at your house I'm assuming you provided the decks? It's your responsibility as the host to ensure everything is on the up-and-up.

Can't say I blame your friends for being upset....