Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 07:19 PM

Default 1/2 Prima: AK.. Was my play weak or smart?

Hey,

What do you think about this hand? The one thing in my mind was "do not go broke with TPTK".

Prima 1/2, 9 handed.
For some reason the stack size doesn't show up in the Hand history I get from Bet365.. Is it like that in all Prima skins?

I'm in the SB(around $280) with [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K.
UTG+2(I cover him) raise to $18 total. <font color="blue">Hmm.. Strange.. A big bet..</font>
MP+1($360) cold calls the $18. <font color="blue">Ok.. What's going on? </font>
Folded to me.. What to do? I cant fold.. That's to weak. And I can't raise out off position. So I call. BB folds.

Flop: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 ($56)
Good flop.. At least I got TPTK.. I check. <font color="blue">That was my first mistake I think.. I should have bet something. But the hole hand was really strange.. Both UTG+2 big bet and MP+1 cold call was disturbing. </font>
UTG checks. MP bets $40. I call. <font color="blue">Would anyone raise?</font> UTG folds.

Turn: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 ($136)
I bet $65. <font color="blue">Possible second mistake? Should I bet more? My plan is if he raise I will drop the hand.</font> He calls. <font color="blue">Is he on a flush draw?</font>

River: [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J ($266)
Great! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I have around $150 left. And it's a big pot and I have only TPTK and I hate it.. And who the [censored] is this MP player!? argh..
Anyway.. What is my move on the river? I thought about betting a blocking bet.. But I only have $150 left.. If I was going to bet I would get pot committed. Or maybe I was already?

Comments on all streets are appreciated! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Prima: AK.. Was my play weak or smart?

i would ve matched the pot out right on the flop. those 2 diamonds are deadly and the straight draw is out there. having checked and someone else bet, makes this the perfect time to check raise and try to end it right there. Also what possible hands could beat your hand at this point, on the flop?
having played the flop the way you did, i'd say you'd still want to bet 3/4 pot on the turn. the bet you made, made it reasonable for your opponent to call with a made hand, str8 flush draw or flush draw. then try to check down the river if called, if raised would then fold.
the way i'd play the river is check, and then most likely call his bet.
-damn river