Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Angle Shooting

This might help, but the site is down right now.
http://www.planetpoker.com/games/dictionary/index.asp

The girl is Krystal Steal.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Rules to hang on the wall.

Make their action binding (needs to be a rule) as long as they aren't calling a raise they didn't know about in between
Old 12-02-2004, 04:43 PM

OT, but a stop-n-go is basically when you have a hand that you raise/reraise with, someone raises you and you just call; this the stop. When you checkraise him on the flop, you're in GO! mode.

Someone more knowledgeable than I please correct me if I'm wrong.

I, for one, will never whine about people asking the same questions over and over until 2+2 (and the UBB software package in general) gets a real search engine to replace the three decade old technology that never really worked well to begin with.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Show one show all, cards and people.

[/ QUOTE ]

People-Agree, cards-Disagree.. Unless you are winning a showdown, you can show 1/both/neither. You certainly can show one card (like Ace) without showing the kicker... Nothing wrong with that - as long as you show it to everyone.

Why should someone who is willing to make a big bet with A-6 OS in the SB with 4 limpers be penalized for semi-bluffing the pot?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People-Agree, cards-Disagree.. Unless you are winning a showdown, you can show 1/both/neither. You certainly can show one card (like Ace) without showing the kicker... Nothing wrong with that - as long as you show it to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you scroll down you will see the current version is something like this.

Show one show all, cards and people. The showing all cards rule does not apply if you are not involved in the showdown in an attempt to win the pot.

[ QUOTE ]

Why should someone who is willing to make a big bet with A-6 OS in the SB with 4 limpers be penalized for semi-bluffing the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?
Old 12-02-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Calling Board

[ QUOTE ]
Never thought of that one nor had it come up. But I guess in that situation they don't have to showdown their hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Bellagio 15/30 there was this guy who was playing very poorly. Another player was betting a hand all the way, until the river which made broadway with no possible flush (nuts on the board). The bad player bet it out, and the other player just called and said I am playing the board. Bad player mucks his hand for some reason because he doesn't understand, and the dealer ships the entire pot to the other player.

If there is more than one player left at showdown, you do not get any chips without showing both of your hole cards.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Calling Board

At foxwoods the player called board and then mucked. He still one 1/2 the pot. Did the bad player you saw call board before mucking?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 PM

Showing your cards when someone else is yet to act is a fold.

I might be wrong about this, but I thought that the Robert's Rules take on this was it's a fold if the action is on you, but not a fold if it isn't. This seems a little better to me, but they're your rules, so do what you like.

If you are not in the hand, do not talk about the hand.

I would add "Don't make incredibly obvious reactions to cards on the board or the pot." The idea is that the players not in the hand should not be giving advice, should not say what they folded, and should not indicate what would have helped them, nor should they make comments like "Well you are getting good pot odds." Some might say this is just bad manners and not worthy of a rule, but I would not ask a player who did this a lot back to my game.

I would add a couple of things:

Side pots are part of the game. This may sound stupid, but I recall at least two instances I know of where the dealer said "Okay no more betting. Everyone show your cards" because a player had gone all-in. Ridiculous.

A dealer who burns and turns without making his/her action clear to all is folded. My roommate was in a tournament recently and said the dealer did not audibly make his call clear until dealing the river card, which made his gutshot straight draw. If the other players at the table agree that the action was not clear, then I say that's an automatic fold.

As for your responsibilities as the house: Make sure everyone is clear about etiquette concerning cashing out. If you will take it badly when somebody goes on a winning streak and cashes out after an hour, set a minimum of time to play. Also, make it clear how money at the end will wind up: If you're playing $1 spread limit like I often do with friends, anyone with change at the end puts it into the middle and we draw five random cards. Best hand takes the loose change, and no dollars are split. This is usually fine if said at the outset, but might be taken badly if it only comes up at the end.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:11 PM

you forgot one that was up on monty's card room wall in yardley's book

no friggin with the discards
Old 12-02-2004, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Acting out of turn does not count. Angle shooting is not allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but shouldn't some actions out of turn count so that people don't angle shoot? For instance, if you say 'fold' out of turn, shouldn't you really have to fold instead of just being allowed to use that to guage reactions?