Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 04:19 PM

Default Small satellite semi-bluff

There were ~200 players left with top 10 getting a TEC. I had 5500 which I believe was slightly below average. I'm in middle position with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. It's folded to me and I limp in for 400. Next player calls, button raises to 800. Small blind calls, big blind folds, I call, next player calls. 3600 in the pot.

The flop is A52 of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s. It's checked around to the botton, who bets 1000. I don't have much of a read on him, but he's been aggressive post flop before, I think that there is a good chance that he is trying to steal the pot.

Small blind folds, I go all in for 4700...
Old 12-02-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Small satellite semi-bluff

Oh, and both of the other players left started with about 2500 more chips than I did.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Small satellite semi-bluff

I kind of like the play, considering the blinds will eat your stack in the near future. You most likely have the best hand or the best draw, unless he has something like an ace and a heart or a higher pocket pair with a heart. If you really think he's trying to steal, take a shot. I was in a similar situation at a tournament at Binion's last month when I had J9 with a spade and the flop came 10-9-3, all spades. He bet, I pushed and he called. He had the lone A of spades and turned the flush. I actually ended up winning the tournament though. Hope your situation turned out well.

Aceragclubs