Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 12:32 AM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default set on a scary board in a raised pot 3/6

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="red"> when preflop raiser just called my flop bet and then capped when it was back on him, warning signals of JJ and KK went off. I would think that he would have raised a set with a draw heavy board like that - but when it was 2 more bets on him and he capped, I thought that AA and AK were out. KJ seemed like a possibility, but I think he would have raised that on the flop. When the passive cold caller raised and called the cap Q10 seemed like a logical holding since he is very passive and only bets/raises with a made hand. Is this waaaaay too weak tight? </font>

Turn: (13.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="red"> I swore and folded but it really felt like I was drawing to one card in the deck. Should I have bet out and then folded if capped back to me or kept the pedal to the floor? </font>

River: (22.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25.50 BB, between UTG+1, MP2 and Button.</font>