Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 05:27 PM

Default harrah\'s lake charles

anyone play here lately? last time down we only played at the isle and coushatta. locals at coushatta said it was a beautiful room, good snacks, bad dealers. going down there soon...thanks in advance for any info...

drew
Old 12-01-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: harrah\'s lake charles

A really nice, empty room. Much more action at the Isle. My last couple of trips I haven't even bothered to check it out.

Lost Wages
Old 12-01-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: harrah\'s lake charles

I agree with Lost Wages.

I haven't been in a while - but the last time we were there we went over to Harrah's and I really like the room. Very clean, plasma screen showing the list, free self-serve soft drinks in the back, autoshufflers at the main game tables, etc...

Only problem was - no players. They couldn't even keep a single 10/20 game going for us on a Friday night. We played 4 handed for over an hour just trying to get some more players and finally broke it when everyone left for dinner.

I really liked playing there - unfortunately though, the Isle is where the action is. I'm sure that it hasn't changed much since I've been there.

I've recently moved from Austin to Minneapolis, MN - so I've got Canterbury Park about 15 minutes from my office. I stopped off last night and played 3 hours after work. First time in my life I've ever been able to do that - VERY NICE!

Good luck! (Don't bother with the Coushatta)