Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Overpair facing a turn raise from a Rock (HU)

[ QUOTE ]
You are likely behind but you should call anyway. I would check the river and call a bet to see what she had and make note of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is just what I did. She had slowplayed a flopped set of sevens, and raised my turn bet when the 8 came off. I called her turn raise, planning to check the river. Happy (result) for me, I spiked the Js on the river and won the pot anyway, so I got make a note on her and take home a tidy little 9 or 10 BB pot.

However, I misplayed the river badly. I think I was still stunned by the turn raise, and was worried that she had either made a straight (or even possibly made a flush with the third spade on the river), so I just check/called the river without even taking a moment to reconsider her range of starting hands.

In retrospect, there's no way this apparently tight player is coldcalling a PF bet with T9 (or worse, 54 or 95), and it's unlikely that she's semi-bluff raising a flush draw on the turn after just calling the flop. If I'd been thinking clearly, I would have put her on a set without a doubt, and check/raised the river, recognizing that the river J gave me the better hand.

Thanks for the comments.