Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Insane Game... Should I play?

with blinds this high, many players will probably play incorrectly, so yes you should be able to beat this game by a decent margin. plus, if you can get good at this type of game, it will help your overall game tremendously.

the key here is to be very tight/aggressive preflop. avoid seeing flops. you should almost always be allin or allout before the flop. level 1 you have to have a good double-up hand to play. by level 2 you should probably be willing to gamble for the blinds with marginally good hands. always, you want as few opponents and as much dead money as possible in any hand you play. (read: it's much better to raise first than to call or reraise)
Old 12-01-2004, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plus, if you can get good at this type of game, it will help your overall game tremendously.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not too sure about this

sure the game is beatable and is definitely worth playing, but helping your overall poker game- i don't see it.

unless you're talking about increasing your ability at the speed tournaments or something
Old 12-01-2004, 02:02 PM

anything that forces you to think about the relationships between blind sizes relative to stack sizes and optimum aggressive strategy (both preflop and postflop), in terms of pot odds and implied pot odds, is good for your overall game.