Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: JJ from the CO

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we giving the button credit for an ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't say that I ever played .25/.5 and if what you say is correct (that people will cold call 2 and 3 bets with nothing) then have at it.

At any level above $1/2, I believe it is often a big mistake to push hard against that many players still in when the Ace hits the flop. The chances of it having missed everybody is miniscule and if that is the case you are just leaking money away that you do not need to.

my 2 cents

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-30-2004, 08:30 PM

Default Re: JJ from the CO

In my experiance, people at low limits can do all sorts of kooky, unpredictable stuff and I believe that playing under the ASSUMPTION that your against quality players without evidence to the contrary is a mistake.

In a 10-handed game, if you hold no ace, there's a 15.61% chance that nobody else has an ace either.

In this hand, the fact that it was checked around to hero indicates to me that there's no ace in front of me, so now all I'm worried about is the button.

By checking, I've sacrificed the initiative and given him the opportunity to come after me with hands I may have beat, like TT, K9s, KQs, QJs, 88, 77, 55 (all of which are POSSIBLE for him to have cold-called with at this level) but more importantly, he can now come after me hands that beat me which he MAY have folded had I bet like QQ, KK or a weak Axs.

I agree it's a situation where your warning light should be blinking and you should probably let it go if he puts up too much of a fight, but if there ISN'T an ace on the table the other players are going to be worried that's what YOU have unless you play all weak-tight and check.

ATTACK!