Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 10:49 AM

Default 15/30 6-max

There aren't very many of these tables, and the wait can be long, but I've been playing them some when I can, without much success. They frequently are populated with loose players it seems, but the aggression is very high, and they are quick to bet if they sense weakness, so I frequently am a bit at sea on the later rounds when I've got something like a big ace that's missed.

I can't quite pinpoint exactly what's giving me trouble ... maybe I'm just running bad in the small sample of hands I have on those tables. Last night I played 'em and all 3 tables I was on had average VPIP over 40!

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing anyone's thoughts on this pool. Seems to me the trickiness and aggression are higher than the 10/20 tables, but that the looseness of the tables means that there should be good money to be made there.

B.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 15/30 6-max

I don't play these but I do play the 15/30 "full", which is quite often <= 6 players. These games are very aggressive. More often than not, they get incredibly laggy when the players get to 4 or less, and there is some great profit potential but the swings are pretty wicked. I have a hard time generalizing my play, since it is really dependant on table conditions/oppent, but I think I tend to play more passively in these crazy games. That is, I will let people bluff off a lot of money when I have marginal to decent hands. Also, I think you really need to change gears more often in these games. I find my play changes dramatically based on how I think I am perceived and the mental state of my opponent.

I have played the 10/20 6 max, and from what I have seen (been a while since I regularly played 10/20 6), the 15/30 game is more aggressive. (The reason I don't play the 15/30 6 is, as you noted, there are not many tables and there is often a wait. I focus on one game at a time now, and like that to be a game where I can always get onto 4 tables quickly and easily.)
Old 11-30-2004, 11:29 AM

Default Re: 15/30 6-max

I haven't really bothered with the 15-30 6 max tables as there are so few and therefore there is no real possibility for game selection. I think they are a bit tougher than the 10-20 from what I've heard but still very beatable

Sometimes I prey on the short-handed full 15-30 tables but this involves a lot of chopping and changing so most of the time I just stick to the good old 10-20. I, too, find these 15-30 tables even more laggy than the 10-20

Gazza