Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 12:14 AM

Default Did I play this AA right?

Pacific Poker $0.5/$1 10 handed. Very LAG table in general, I'm the only one that plays normal it seems (tight)

I'm in SB, dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG+1 calls, 2 callers, MP+2 raises, button calls, I re-raise, BB folds, everyone except MP calls

Flop comes: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, UTG+2 raises, EP re-raises, MP calls, button folds, I Cap. UTG+2 folds, EP Calls, MP calls. (What is going on??? I bet there is a flush draw? or ppl just being crazy?)

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, EP raises, MP calls, I call.
River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (possible flush now)
I check, checks all around. Should I have bet the river despite all the aggression in previous rounds?

Please help me on this one as this was one super LAG table.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Did I play this AA right?

At the table you describe, I would 3-bet the turn. You have the best hand IMO, and these people are grossly overplaying their hands.

Shill
Old 11-30-2004, 04:17 AM

You are absolutely right [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]! I had the best hand and took down the pot. How do you normally adjust to a super lag fest table? I tend to tighten up more and be more aggressive after the flop.

Thx!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:23 AM

3-bet the turn... this is a lot easier with the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

on a LAGGY table you should: play drawing hands slightly less frequently, as you'll get charged heavily to play them. if you can get to the flop reasonably pocket pairs become VERY important to play as you'll get a lot of action when you flop a set. be willing to call down more, let the LAGs overbet themselves postflop. there's lots more, those are just what's on my brain.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:38 AM

I also 3-bet the turn. I am more concerned with someone holding a 6 at this point than someone on a diamond draw. After a 3rd bet a LAG will certainly cap the turn if they had hit a third 6. If the turn is then capped I slow down on the river, but if not, the 3-bet allows you to confidently put in a bet on the river.