Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Another 500 hands, another 90 BB loss

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not even sure I've ever seen an online game at any limit that would qualify as a "loose" game by SSH standards

Did you mean to say "tight"?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, he meant "loose." 6-10 for the flop is the exception at Party, unlike live play, where seeing 6-way pots capped preflop isn't uncommon.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this entirely. I have been playing live much more lately. The 2-4 and 3-6 live games I have sat in on have all been very loose compared to .5/1 Party.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:01 PM

lots of holes in your game.

folding top pair is bad. you can't make overly generic statements like folding one pair on the turn/river. post/read hands. commenting on other's hands is a good way to learn.

if a table is passive, you can EP limp with Axs and baby pairs. they play very well multi-way.

if you are first in from MP3 to the button, you should generally be raising or folding. limping is pretty much never correct. raise KTo from CO/Button.

Winning Low Limit Hold'em by Lee Jones is a good book to learn the basics and should help plug your worst leaks.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:15 PM

Your'e right, I missed the fact that BB called 2 cold. That was a clear error on BB's part. Be thankful players are making these errors!
Old 11-29-2004, 12:17 PM

I second the advice to read WLLH. It sounds like Hero is trying to learn to run before learning to walk.

Weak-tight isn't bad. Its a solid foundation. Hero might need to build that foundation.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron W. > "Here's a beautiful example. You show agression and they fold when they have nothing, but passively call along when they get something. What is an appropriate adjustment?"

I honestly don't know, but I'm starting to suspect that I should check/fold pairs on any turn that I don't have a redraw, and on any river that I don't have 2-pair or better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going into check-fold mode without two-pair or better is taking it too far. I wasn't expecting to hear a specific play, but a general concept to apply.

Against tight passive players, don't value bet as often. Value betting is good against players who will call with their bad hands. Value betting is bad against players who will call with only good hands. This is also what I mean by there being different types of "bad" players. At some sites, you can value bet a lot because they'll call you with garbage. You've got to watch your opponents and find out who is doing what.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
crockett > "Your playing at PS 0.5/1"

I'm playing at PS 0.25/0.50

crockett > " What are you doing with A4s from EP? How about 33, 44, etc?"

Muck. Muck, muck, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

These 2 statements don't jive. I find it hard to believe Suited Ace's and baby pairs can't be profitable at these tables. You can be very profitable at this level with a VPIP of 20.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:44 PM

You guys are crazy. I raise ATo in EP at loose passive tables and get coldcalled by A5o, KTo, JTo, etc. routinely. You would raise AJo wouldn't you? A9o I fold. Funny where I draw the line I guess.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-30-2004, 01:06 AM

The downswing continues - 300 hands tonight for a loss of 40BB. Total damage so far ~3300 hands for a loss of ~350BB.

I've posted most of the hands responsible for tonights losses (most of the rest was caused by blinds):

JJ from the CO

PF raise from CO

AJo from EP flops top pair

Trip Aces on the river

QQ aggression vs. passivity

Qset vs. 3-flush

Please take a look at them and comment if appropriate. They are all very typical of how I have been playing.

I'll call this thread dead now.

Thank you all very much.