Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 06:39 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Slowrolling to Seether

[ QUOTE ]
So its obviously whe all bets have been called right? I remember reading a post when a guy had the nut straight in a NL game, another person pushed all in and he took a while to decide before calling. (There was a flush draw on the board as well) Would this be considered slow rolling by taking a while to make a decision which for many people is an instant one?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's like when you're heads-up pre-flop and you raise and someone holding A/A takes four minutes before he decides to call. Or when they have the BEST possible hand on the river and wait and wait before they call, even thought there's no possible hand that could beat them (your example the person with the straight could be beat, thus it's not a slowroll)
Old 11-28-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Re: How to catch a cheat?

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is slowrolling? Ive never really heard of it (i think ive seen it mentioned once in another thread before) but what could it be that it would be so harsh that you would beat them for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slowrolling is something like taking a long time to call an all-in heads-up on the river with the nuts last to act. There's no reason at all for you to wait so long, since the decision should be instantaneous.

Another method of slowrolling is to make the opponent think he has the winner, then flip your better hand. This would be something like showing an Ace on the river for top pair, your opponent shows two pair and starts to drag the pot, and you say "Oh, wait," and flip your other Ace for the set. That's the worst kind of thing to do.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:55 PM

I've ever only heard slowrolling as being when you pretend like you've lost on the end and then turn up the winner just to be a jerk. I haven't heard the other description.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:49 PM

Do a search on Google for Neocheating or Neocheater. What you will find are many different examples of card cheating, along with real examples of cheaters, how they were detected, if they can be exploited to your advantage and if so how. You will probably find instructions on how to cheat yourself so you have a better idea of what to look for, hopefully you use this exclusively to protect yourself against other cheaters.

The other option is to sit to the guys right(so you aren't on the blinds when he deals) and fold when he deals.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:17 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I've ever only heard slowrolling as being when you pretend like you've lost on the end and then turn up the winner just to be a jerk. I haven't heard the other description.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. i have heard some people call the other thing "grandstanding".
Old 11-29-2004, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem about starting to use a cutcard or having someone else cut the deck is that we've been playing the same way for almost 2 years, so it would be kind of tough bringing up changing things around.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Hey, my friend got a set of chips and some new decks and they gave him ten of these. He only needs a few and let me have a couple." &lt;shows 2 cut cards&gt; "I've seen the bottom card of the deck a lot but I'm not sure whether or not to do anything about it until now."
Old 11-29-2004, 11:43 PM

Thanks for your help guys. We're all back at school now, so we won't be playing with each other untill X-mas break. I'll let you know what happens.