Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Screwed up the turn, what\'s the river decision?

Wow - I don't know how you put a guy on a 43s when he plays this way... He called, of course, because it was only $3 more into a $21 pot, I suppose, but wow - he called to play this hand even before you raised lol.

I think PFR was perfect

When he called your $20 bet, I'm thinking he has something big (two pair, set). I guess I should also include J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] too here in my realm of possibilities. There's no way I'm figuring he's hit the straight. This is tough... my gut instinct is check behind on the turn since he could've been playing the flush draw hands. He felt safe on the river that you would fold with the flush draw out there, I think, and probably put you on AK... Putting out a blocking bet of $20-$25 is probably good here too. If he calls though, I'm done with the hand.

You don't mention any reads/stats of this player so you're just going blind on the river all-in... It really isn't hard to fold top set here for me especially the way the hand was played. I just have to think that he just might call my up-front bets with QJs/JTs though if he's remotely fishy. He came in front first position and didn't re-raise so he's fishing already. He probably thinks you would'nt have raised from your position with KQ of diamonds when the flop hit so he could feel it safe to play with you and bust you if he hits. When the K of diamonds hits the turn, that, he figures, is the ultimate scare card for you and he played it. Also, it might've given you top 2 pr. Accordingly, in my mind, when he goes all-in on the river, he has the flush. I'm not willing to risk my whole stack against an unknown oppoenent in this situation. You only have invested $24 thus far - no reason to put in another $100 here. I'd just compliment him on how well he played the hand and fold hoping he'll stay in the game and play the same way later and let me bust him!

QUESTION: Am I wrong in not considering 43s in the realm of possible hands that he called the flop with? It's just that, in my mind, there's no one who would call from UTG+1 with this and especially not $3 more even into a $21 pot...