Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 12:30 PM

Default Re: \"I hate it when...\"

I once tried to click a button on table #1, but just as I clicked, table #2 became active. A player on #2, in front of me had gone all in. The buttons lined up perfectly and I called the players all in bet with 53o.

Losing that $50 made me mad enough to go out that afternoon and spend $180 on a new monitor. No more overlap at a cost of $230. If that doesnt put you on tilt......
Old 11-29-2004, 01:15 PM

I hate it when I limp in MP with a lowish pocket pair. A blind raises and I decide its just outside the 5-10% rule so fold.

Then of course

multiple callers behind me
a would have been set on the flop
the biggest pot the table has seen in hours taken down by two pair

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2004, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once tried to click a button on table #1, but just as I clicked, table #2 became active. A player on #2, in front of me had gone all in. The buttons lined up perfectly and I called the players all in bet with 53o.

Losing that $50 made me mad enough to go out that afternoon and spend $180 on a new monitor. No more overlap at a cost of $230. If that doesnt put you on tilt......

[/ QUOTE ]Ouch!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 02:08 PM

... You raise preflop with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO get only one caller at a very LAG table and then Flop the Royal Flush. Then 2 more [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]'s come giving a flush on the board and you pick up barely more than the blinds on your first royal flush. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2004, 03:13 AM

How about this line?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed)

MP ($167.2)
CO ($76)
Hero ($130.3)
SB ($73.7)
BB ($52)
UTG ($100)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $2. UTG posts a blind of $1.
CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $55</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG (poster) folds, MP (poster) folds.

Final Pot: $58

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins $58. </font>

I really wanted the blinds on that hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 12-01-2004, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i hate it when i'm at a table that is pre-flop raised 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

I love those games.

If that bothers you, you should be looking into your post flop play and hand reading skills. Those are some of the most profitable games out there, IMO.

Dov
Old 12-01-2004, 03:25 AM

I called a 8BB PFR with 76s by accident once (was multitabling, only meant to limp in) but I flopped a boat. Needless to say the guy was pissed when I stacked him with cracked AA.

I hate it when you flop a good hand (top set, nut straight, etc) only to have runner runner table 4-flush, 4-straight, or 2 pair (and you're holding nut flush).

It's the runner runner hands with people calling my pot sized bets with nothing but undercards and backdoor draws taking down a huge pot that royally piss me off. (I had a horrible day today, marathons everywhere.)